• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Innagural Get Out to Garrapata Cross-Country Motorcycle Adventure

Ponyperformance8

Reaction score
Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/Getout2garapata

Hey everyone Good Afternoon, Good evening or Goodnight, whichever the case may be!

I am writing here to notify you as a fellow NC rider of a very special event that I am planning for April of 2015 in honor of a very special friend named Ben Glattstein. Ben was a true adventurer and genuine wonderful spirit, the kind of person you'd meet one time and instantly be friends with.

In 2010, Ben passed away in a plane crash while beginning a journey to cross the Pacific Ocean in a small single engine Mooney. His loss was truly felt around the world by hundreds of his friends and family. Five years later his loss still leaves a void in many people's hearts, my own especially. So to honor him and raise funds for a scholarship in his name that goes to train better, safer pilots, i am planning a ride from the Arizona/Mexico border to Garrapata State Park in Big Sur, CA, via the. Grand Canyon, Death Valley and Yosemite.

Right now we are trying to just get the word out anyway we can through a truly grassroots effort. I have two riders guaranteed to join, with an additional probable and we will be planning to invite others for all or portions of our route in order to celebrate Ben's memory.

You can stay in touch with us the following ways:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Getout2garapata
Twitter: willb@getout2garapata
[email protected]

I ask only your support and "likes" on Facebook to raise awareness for this great cause and wonderful journey!

And as Ben would say, Cheers, Mate!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Okay so a quick update for anyone interested, due to some scheduling hiccups and in true Ben spirit, we have moved the ride UP 6 months to the middle of October, this year! We are now In a full scramble to get things taken care of including buying a third bike for our third rider who is an itenerating missionary preparing to go to Indonesia for 4 years!

Check us out on Facebook at Get Out to Garrapata Memorial Motorcycle Ride for more details ! Now less than 2 months to go until we start our IndieGoGo campaign (where we will be selling plenty of Swag) to raise scholarship funds for Ben !

We are very happy to announce that Get Out to Garrapata 2014 will begin at 9:00 am on October 11th, 2014 at Cochise Motorsports, in Sierra Vista, AZ !

We are inviting all Riders of all Walks of Life to Come Out and Join us on our Ride-Out departing Cochise Motorsports at 10am ! We will cover the beginning portions of the AZBDR across Montezuma Pass and then Venture Down to The Mexican Border as we cross the San Rafael Valley enroute to the Ghost Town of Lochiel, Arizona! We will end the day where we began and begin our trip North to Garrapata on October 12th !

Cochise Motorsports has been gracious enough to sponsor our efforts through the purchase of ride t-shirts that will be available to anyone who donates $50 or more to the Ben Glattstein Memorial Training Scholarship !

So Come on Out and Join us for the start of Get Out to Garrapata, and support us on our way as we cross the Desert Southwest to raise funds for a safer tomorrow in the name of a great friend !

More Information can be found at Get Out to Garrapata Memorial Motorcycle Adventure - Home, and you can contact us on here or through our website!

Garrapata T-Shirt No Grey copy.jpg

We are rollin.. come check out our blog for Fresh Pictures of Josh and Scott from the road!

Scott is currently on the Continental Divide Route and Josh is in the middle of nowhere Arkansas making his way to Little Rock.

6711717_orig.jpg

2776760_orig.jpeg

3862972_orig.jpg

Back