• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How To Installing a USB power port in the frunk

I just plug one of these onto the Battery Tender wires.

Simple, solution. Cheap. It comes off when I park because I plug the bike back into the battery tender.

Simple, solution. Cheap. It comes off when I park because I plug the bike back into the battery tender.
That would be great if I didn't want dual outlets and a voltmeter.

thank you for posting this. Hopefully you can makes a series of all the mods you do on your NC750

thank you for posting this. Hopefully you can makes a series of all the mods you do on your NC750
Yes, more coming.
I just completed all my wiring for LED DRL's, GPS, the power port, battery maintainer, and heated gear pigtail.
Then comes the accessories: Madstad windscreen, GPS mount, Atlas throttle lock, GIVI luggage rack and top box, seat mod (done), and lower rider pegs.

I just got one of those. Did you run the wires up so you could charge things outside of the frunk or do you just leave it in the frunk?

I just got one of those. Did you run the wires up so you could charge things outside of the frunk or do you just leave it in the frunk?
I leave that inside the Frunk. My iPhone cable is plenty long enough, and thin enough, that I can have my phone in its mount, with the wire dangling down into the Frunk. Because its a thin wire and the weatherstripping is thick enough, you can securely snap the Frunk lid closed with the wire in place and not damage the iPhone cable.

I leave that inside the Frunk. My iPhone cable is plenty long enough, and thin enough, that I can have my phone in its mount, with the wire dangling down into the Frunk. Because its a thin wire and the weatherstripping is thick enough, you can securely snap the Frunk lid closed with the wire in place and not damage the iPhone cable.
Thanks! I didn't really want to mount it to my handlebars, but I was unsure if the charging cord would interfere with the frunk.

Thanks! I didn't really want to mount it to my handlebars, but I was unsure if the charging cord would interfere with the frunk.
No problem with it at all. Smartphone charging cables are flexible enough, even the aftermarket braided cables, you can easily snake it out of the front of the frunk and up to your phone mount and then snap the frunk closed. Just don't run the cable through the latch mechanism. Anywhere else is good. You'll stand a good chance of damaging the charging cable, and might jam up your latch, if you close the cable into the latch itself.

Back