• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Installing auxiliary lights

I put a Denali D4 set in, with the regular first gen controller that supported dual intensity. M

My first set died, but Twisted Throttle was good about it. They sent me a brand new kit (everything - $400 worth) and said to just take what I needed from it to fix it and send back the rest + defective parts.

Turned out to be the controller.

I wired the controller up directly to the battery for it's power lines, and then for hi / low beam signal lines I used the hi beam blue wire and low beam brown wire in the 2016's accessory harness. (Not all NC700's have the blue line but it can be tapped from elsewhere.)

The second time around I actually kept the switch and stuck it under the fuct, so now I can turn the aux lights completely off if I want.

I also tapped into my SoundBomb horn relay (with a diode) to the hi beam signal line, so when I honk at someone the denali high beams come on.

"I also tapped into my SoundBomb horn relay (with a diode) to the hi beam signal line, so when I honk at someone the denali high beams come on."

Now, THAT is a cool idea....

I have [THESE] $18 on a separate (fused) circuit coming directly off the battery.

Auxbeam 4" LED Light Bar 2Pcs 18W LED Pods 6Pcs 3W CREE LEDs 1800LM Spot Beam Waterproof LED
View attachment 35916
They are controlled from a switch mounted on the left mirror root. It's close to the existing "bright" switch and easy to reach without looking.
View attachment 35920

I have [THIS] connected to the battery:
([FONT=&]Battery[/FONT] Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug)
View attachment 35917
and then [THIS] connected to it
(NOCO ISCC2 5-Way SAE Adapter Connector)
View attachment 35918
This setup powers the four accessories on my motorcycle, the lights being one of them.
Each accessory has it's own relay triggered by the running light wire from the left turn indicator.
That wire is HOT only when the key is turned on, so all accessories go OFF when the key goes OFF.

The wiring for all these and the relays is stored under the left "fake vent" plastic siding.

[THESE] are the realays I used:
(5 Pack - EPAuto 30/40 AMP Relay Harness Spdt 12V Bosch Style)
View attachment 35919
I should have been smarter and used a single relay for all the accessories, but I didn't. I was learning how to do it as I went. Version II would be different.

Here is a picture of the lights installed.
View attachment 35921

Yes, the harness thing IS a better idea. Use that if you know how.

Annecdote: I was out riding in a remote area and burned out the headlight bulb. The headlight was completely dark and would NOT come on. (turned out it had come un-plugged). I had NO headlights, so the AUX light worked as a stand in for the headlights. I was darned glad to have them in place. (switched them off for the few on-coming vehicles I saw.)
While reviewing this post... about lights, I noticed the highway pegs on your bike. I'm a new NC owner with a desire to install some highway pegs in the future. So If you don't mind me hijacking the thread for a post or two... can you tell me who makes them and where to purchase? Thanks

It's not hijacking at all...
[HERE] is the post where I bought the pegs.
(NB: it gives the Kuryakyn part #, KUR-7933, and specifies diameter, 1.35").

So even if my original source doesn't have them, Mr. Google can help you find someone who sells Part #Kuryakyn 7933, 1.35").
If you have a choice between ALL BLACk and CHROME, I'd go for the ALL BLACK.

Also, learning how to "site search" will help you. To find that post about pegs, I went to Google.com and entered

"site[h]ttps://www.nc700-forum.com kuryakyn strattuner"

remove the [] around the "h" AND substitute your own keywords for "kuryakyn" and "strattuner".

This works with ANY site you'd like to use it on, and Google does a much better search than even the internal search this forum provides.

Safe Travels.

Last edited:
Don't include the quotation marks on the example site search.

sorry for the formatting in the last post. Some is bold where it shouldn't be.

Another freeway peg option for you:

Rivco Black Anti-Vibration Highway Pegs - PEGSBK125, they're about $85.

I got mine at denniskirk.com

They're all black and come with clamps that bolted on to my Givi crash bars. They have cushions similar to the kuryakyn. They're probably built for Harleys but I like them since they're black and not that noticeable on the crash bars. They're quite solid, definitely not a mickey mouse piece of equipment like some cheapos I had on my last bike. These are legit.

Back