• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Insurance. lets compare or help each other to find the best rate in your area!

Motodrocher

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I got a quote from my agent and want to check with some of local guys and maybe get an advice if you have a better coverage at a better price whatever...

To make it clear:
1.this is damage only (no third party liability)
2. I'm paying already close to 100/month to our ICBC for basic/naked/doing nothing insurance
3. I live in Vancouver BC

They gave me CAD324 per year with $9200 value of the bike. Is it OK? do you know any company cheaper or giving better coverage for a dime?

ICBC quotes CAD790 the same coverage but with 750 deductible instead of 500 from this company.

Help from local BC guys much appreciated!

Last edited:
california.
Minimum insurance. (just enough to make the police officer go away)
$170 per YEAR.
Flo's Insurance company... whatever Insurance company it is with the FLO character. (Progressive?)

california.
Minimum insurance. (just enough to make the police officer go away) $170 per YEAR.
Flo's Insurance company... whatever Insurance company it is with the FLO character. (Progressive?)

British columbia Minimum insurance. (just enough to make the police officer go away) - $93 per month with my 20% discount
My Ninja 250 cost me $48 per month

And we have to use just ICBC - governmental monopoly, just like liquor stores)))))

This is a pointless exercise. Where you live (right down to the zip code or section of town), your credit score, the demographics, your claims history, your employment, etc, etc, etc will make the premiums vary widely from one of us to another even for the same motorcycle. I'll bet there are people paying less than I do, and I'll bet there are people paying 20 times what I do. One company would be overpriced for me, but may be cheap for you.

About all you can do is get your own quotes and compare.

Search the forum for "insurance", "insurance rates". or "insurance comparison". We have been down this road many times.

Last edited:
About all you can do is get your own quotes and compare.

Did that, thanks! But that's my first new vehicle and just trying to make it all right. We don't have much of a choice here, and I thought someone who lives longer in BC could share some experience. Te quotes differ that much that I'm confused now.

My friend rides a US bike under his California buddy insurance for $170+ per year, but thais scenario is like "too much" work for me... need to shop locally.

Hi, I got a quote from my agent and want to check with some of local guys and maybe get an advice if you have a better coverage at a better price whatever...

To make it clear:
1.this is damage only (no third party liability)
2. I'm paying already close to 100/month to our ICBC for basic/naked/doing nothing insurance
3. I live in Vancouver BC

They gave me CAD324 per year with $9200 value of the bike. Is it OK? do you know any company cheaper or giving better coverage for a dime?

ICBC quotes CAD790 the same coverage but with 750 deductible instead of 500 from this company.

Help from local BC guys much appreciated!

My icky bicky for basic insurance in the Metro Vancouver region on my NCX, is $66.00/month (max 43% discount/Road Star applicable rate for old dudes with no accidents and best driving records, lol. Included is the optional Uninsured motorist protection package, but I can't remember if I got the 2 million or 5 million dollar one)

My Comprehensive is with Cassell Insurance (Beacon) on Broadway @ Cambie, right next to the Skytrain entrance. I think I'm paying something like $300-ish/Year? I can't remember right off hand, but it's less than my BMW was, and I believe that was $450.00/year give or take.

Thanks LBS! I got the quote from Beacon as well an they look pretty reasonable. As for the ICBC rate... well I'll get there too one day, just hold on!

Ena at Cassells is great, I have been dealing with her (and previously her late :( brother Paul), for many years now. Not only were they the best quote, but they are good people and like motorcyclists. :)

Just paid. Hope wont need it ever though!
Interesting point in the contract:

Property Not Insured:
property seized or confiscated for breach of law or by order of civil authority, but this exclusion shall not apply to property seized or confiscated for the purpose of destruction at the time of fire for the prevention of the spread of such fire;

If any damages occurred while the bike impounded for whatever reason (wrong parking or drunk building manager) it wont be covered as the damage.

Another reason to park it legally every single time;)

My insurance went down this year to $110 PER YEAR. Go with the Flo! (Progressive)

Maybe favorable claims experience is lowering the rates. Thanks to all of you who didn't crash your bike, our rates went down!

My insurance went down this year to $110 PER YEAR. Go with the Flo! (Progressive)

In CA, LA.... Paying $107 with Geico... Liability (basic) was around $77 for the year and Compressive (fire, theft, drops) and Road Service (Towing etc).... $30. Have them for both my trucks for many years.

Back