• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Interesting article about how to find correct tire pressure for YOU

Well interesting is a good description. It seems like the article is covering every possible option, not sure it is actually very helpful.

Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong just saying it's interesting
Definitely interesting!

I’ve not tried to directly employ that method before on Wiley, but I’ve seen it (or something like it) and checked pressures after a 45-minute warm-up commute. For commuting, this method suggests my tires are over-inflated. That may be true, since I commute solo with little or no luggage, and Honda’s inflation pressure recommendation accounts for 2-up with luggage.

OTOH, letting air out of my tires reduces my mpg, and psychologically I find that far more irritating than the possibility that my tires aren’t flexing and heating enough on my commute.
(-:

10 degrees F equals about 1 PSI gauge pressure change. It's not quite exacly that, but it's very close.

Direct sun is a separate, additional factor.

I must check out this next time out on a road bike. The CRF is currently on duty so not so relevant. Am I correct in thinking that altitude also has an affect on tyre pressure ? I vaguely recall something related on my former GL1800. Tyre pressures were set close to sea level on the commencement of a trip, but when I checked the tyres cold one morning at 6/7000 feet I think I had to reduce tyre pressure.

Definitely interesting!

I’ve not tried to directly employ that method before on Wiley, but I’ve seen it (or something like it) and checked pressures after a 45-minute warm-up commute. For commuting, this method suggests my tires are over-inflated. That may be true, since I commute solo with little or no luggage, and Honda’s inflation pressure recommendation accounts for 2-up with luggage.

OTOH, letting air out of my tires reduces my mpg, and psychologically I find that far more irritating than the possibility that my tires aren’t flexing and heating enough on my commute.
(-:
Great article...thanks...

Back