• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Interesting discovery about using a spoked front wheel

Red River Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I jerry rigged a back and front end lift until my centerstand comes in and removed the back and front wheel. I have some spoked supermoto 17 inch rims that I used on my 450x for a few years and found that while the back doesn't match with the axle diameter, the front matches perfectly but I would need to relocate the brake caliper it seems and install some longer spacers. Posting on my mobile I'll add a pic in a few but this could be in option for people still looking into spoked wheels for the machine. I purchased these wheels from motoxindustries.

download_20190925_083538.jpg

Now that I think about it, the rear wheel could work too if I just replaced the wheel bearings inside the wheel but it does not have a cush drive. I don't see the point of mix matching cast with spoked, might seriously throw off the geometry but still a fun thought. I use my NC as a touring/ off road light adventure bike and I swapped the 450 back to being my main dual sport, hardcore trail bike.

Soft edit, don't freak out at the car jack and lil wooden stool. I have all the weight supported at the back by a lift and I have the bike tied down just in-case it tries to tip.

Last edited:
I don’t believe it’s strength, per se, but strength with the ability to flex better - an admirable quality if riding on uneven terrain. A solid casting won’t flex as much and can crack. The casting will be lighter and generally more stable at higher speed on a smooth surface, so generally better for street riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back