• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is a skid plate available for the 2021

Motorat

Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen a drawing for the HB plate but they don't show the mounting instructions.
Are there any others available for the 2021?

I'm reviving this because here we are in 2022 and I CANNOT find a skid plate for the 21 NC. Jeez. Any leads out there? We are gearing up for some gravel fire road riding this summer and I need the skid plate.

Yes. Sw mototech has one. But I call it a gravel guard. I have tested it when I kicked up a brick that I didn't see when I was cutting through a grassy part of a parking lot. IMG_20220402_162850066_HDR.jpg

if yours is not dct there is a note at the bottom.

Note​

• This engine guard is for vehicles with automatic transmission
  • Manual vehicles (without DCT) require engine guard: MSS.01.151.10001
it also does not work with the OEM center stand.
it might, they said the same for the one I had on my CB500X and I "modified" the skid plate with this one I just went with the SW-mototech centerstand.

If you use the sw-motech centerstand with the SW-motech skid plate no modification is needed.
If using the honda centerstand with the sw skid plate some moding to the skid plate will need to be don but I'm not sure how much.
The rear mount is at an angle, about 30 deg IIRC not straight across.

If just using the SW-Motech center stand no mod needed...bolts right up. I had a little drip of welding that needed to be filed down so the mounting area has a nice curve (bottom left i think.)

I have not looked at parts compatibility between the 2nd gen with the 3rd gen NC, however, I did find when I purchased my 2019, there were not many parts listed to fit. As time went on, parts from the first gen started showing compatibility with the second gen. I suspect this may also be the case. The skid plate design may have exactly the same mounting points as the 1st and 2nd gen. I spent a lot of time looking at parts diagrams and took a gamble on some items knowing that if they didn’t fit, I’d return them.

I put the T. rex skid plate on and every time I hear rocks hit it I smile and think it was money well spent.
https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2018-2020-Honda-NC750X-Skid-Plate-p/n44-18sp.htm

0F521A94-8AC3-4D6B-853A-8C54A503A406.jpeg913C60FE-7EA2-4DEA-A28C-B65EB3EC75FB.jpeg

The skid plate is a must. I’ve dragged it across rocks so many times. Without it I may have caused critical damage. The bike is capable within its limits. Smart line choice off road is key. I do get airborne with the bike but the sound of the kickstand, center stand, and forks bottoming are enough to cringe. For an adventure bike, it’s great! For an enduro, not at all.

R-Gaza list them.
https://www.ruchkagaza.com/skid-plates

No experience but owners of earlier gens have reported on them here:

Who has used the SW-Motech center stand on a 2021 NC750X and how difficult was it modify? What needed to be done?

Thanks, Lee
Sorry Everyone I screwed up, I should have said:

Who has used the SW-Motech skid plate with the Honda OEM center stand on a 2021 NC750X and how difficult was it modify? What needed to be done?

Don't know where my head was. Sorry. I did find a video on Youtube where a guy did this. He had to extend the cut out for the rear of the skid plate on the throttle side to clear the center stand when it is "down". He said it was pretty straight forward.

I watched the YouTube and did what I thought he ment to my skid plate and it worked out great. Here is a pic of how I modified the plate.IMG_20220808_152145883_HDR.jpgjust cut out the triangle with your hacksaw and file the edges.
Dirty shop floor optional.

Back