• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is Aerostitch worth it?

If so, that’s a change. In the past they’d do whatever was needed on any of their stuff.
Just to clarify they will do what ever to new purchases………no alterations to used. They still offer cleaning and repair.

I am considering a Falstaff jacket.
Their email respose on Falstaff sleeve length alteration:
“We do do sleeve length alterations, but not to existing suits or jackets, only when we make new ones. They found over the years that it is too costly and time consuming to do the alterations to existing garments.”

Motoport does alterations for around 50$ an hour. I’m betting they’d take care of a used Aerostitch as long as you can handle the sales pitch about how inferior the product is.

I think so, but if you want the utmost protection you should look into braces or even airbag vests. Aerostich has always specialized in the outer layer of protection, though they have introduced their own hard shell armor recently. I think abrasion resistance and - clever - high build quality is their main bag.

I have crashed on asphalt once, ice twice, in a classic Roadcrafter 2 piece. The suit remains. I will say, I wish I had hip pads during those, and better gloves.

Last edited:
The first 'Stich I bought I found on Ebay for $275, it was a too big 46 Regular with a huge Bohn back protector included. I sold it for $350 after wearing it for 6 years. Three years ago bought the used two piece pictured below on Ebay for $369, size 44 Short which feels like it was tailored for me. I had searches saved on Ebay with email notifications. I got an email at 2300 and hit the Buy It Now button at 2330. Shipping was $20.

Attachments

• 20201107_140748.jpg
    20201107_140748.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 4
For their R3 as an example, it comes with elbow, knee and shoulder by default. Hip, chest and spine are available add-ons.
Well I guess my wife got me an even better gift than I thought. She ordered all the extra pads.

So I'm still technically correct. It did come with the hip pads! ;)

I believe that Aerostich has a 12-year limit on the age of pants, jackets, and one piece suits they will repair.

A few months ago, the fly zipper on my Darian pants (8 yrs old) broke so I sent them off to Duluth for repair. From the time they received my pants, they had them back to me a few days short of 2-weeks. Although I did wash them before shipping them off as requested, they appeared to be even cleaner than previously and I never paid for their washing/waterproofing additional service. :)

Thank you Aerostich Repair Service!

Aerostich Falstaff custom build arrived before the estimated date. The Falstaff is waxed cloth vs Darian denier.
I did buy sight unseen and added 1.5” sleeve length based on past Aerostich experience.
The waxed cloth has a completely different look and feel
Out of the box it feels broken in. The past Darians were stiff new and broke in over time.
Few things different from my older Darian:
1.collar as snaps
2.sleeves have cinch strap to adjust sleeve flutter
3.cloth liner ……more comfortable than the Darian with no liner.
4. crash pads feel better and more comfortable.

First ride 80* 100 mile ride varing speeds. Sleeve under arm vents open heat is very well controlled. Rear vent close. If it was above 90-95* it could be too warm at in town speeds. With any luck our 90* plus days are done ?

So far more than pleased

A Real ……con is the price

AE876D0D-A7F4-47D5-ABD4-7C2C3FC59A4F.jpeg
EBA4EC16-926B-4728-BCDD-AB9B0C54E731.jpeg
FA8EC413-F9DF-405D-8946-F47BE537422B.jpeg
4B727FE7-9040-4FFB-B02E-C3C591B40F39.jpeg
B5A23D62-F270-443D-9BB7-5928F85A2217.jpeg

It might time for a new pair of Aerostich Elk skin ropers ? But these are so “broken in“.

A444B95C-0D59-4096-96C9-FC6298849D59.jpeg

Last edited:
Aerostich Falstaff custom build arrived before the estimated date. The Falstaff is waxed cloth vs Darian denier.
I did buy sight unseen and added 1.5” sleeve length based on past Aerostich experience.
Out of the box it feels broken in. The past Darians were stiff new and broke in over time.
1.collar as snaps

First ride 80* 100 mile ride varing speeds. Sleeve under arm vents open heat is very well controlled. Rear vent close. If it was above 90-95* it could be too warm at in town speeds. With any luck our 90* plus days are done ?

So far more than pleased

View attachment 46438
View attachment 46439
View attachment 46440
View attachment 46441
View attachment 46442

It might time for a new pair of Aerostich Elk skin ropers ? But these are so “broken in“.

View attachment 46443
If you’re looking for new gloves check out fox creek leather. They are awesome

1.collar as snaps

So far more than pleased

View attachment 46438
View attachment 46439
View attachment 46440
View attachment 46441
View attachment 46442

View attachment 46443
Ah, what the heck, go for it. Look like mine though and they’re just getting “normal”. If you don’t have them, check out a pair of the winter ropers-great cold weather gloves. Your jacket reminds me old the old Barbour gear from England-wore forever.

Back