• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is anyone following the NT1100?

InfernoST

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys
How many of you are following the NT1100? I have to tell you if that thing comes state side even if the only color is Hot pink there will be one in my Garage, it literally has everything I want in a bike PERIOD. I'm gonna start saving now.

Often said, “If they ever offer that thing here, I’ll buy it.”

Yes, there are a couple other threads going on the NT1100 in the non-MC motorcycle section. I’m moving this thread to that forum section.

Sold my ST1300 because of its weight. I love my NC750 but the only thing I miss is some better wind protection. Yes the nt1100 is in my sights but I wouldn't buy a Hot Pink one ;) Oh BTW, every tester mentioned a comfy seat!

How about this sport tourer?
It's a 2022 Moto Guzzi V100 Mondello.
The specs make the NT1100 look outdated.
And unlike the NT, it will be available in N. America in 2022.
Check out that shaft drive!

Read and see more here:

web_01-Moto-Guzzi-V100-Mandello.jpg

Read and see more here:

Guys
How many of you are following the NT1100? I have to tell you if that thing comes state side even if the only color is Hot pink there will be one in my Garage, it literally has everything I want in a bike PERIOD. I'm gonna start saving now.
I don't see that as a big draw, especially when you can get NOS (new old stock) VFR1200X; shaft drive, bigger motor, similiar set up but less plastic-y looking and under $12k with zero miles if you dig around. Sure it's older tech, but it works and they are already state-side. If I had the spare cash that'd be my route.

I have booked a test ride but it will have to be very good to displace my much loved Strom.

Guys
I have the same thoughts but I would welcome the notion of tweaking the NC750x DCT to include:
Cruise control installed at the factory for throttle by wire bikes
A better seat to replace the often criticized one
A slightly larger fuel tank to about 4.7 gallons
A larger touring windshield
Barkbuster style hand protectors
Standard Honda heated handgrips
Standard Honda 12v, 5amp socket in the trunk-ignition controlled
Standard ignition-controlled 12V drop to power up a Garmin GPS with at least a 5 amp service load

I still think that the NC750 is an extremely capable machine and a few upgrades would keep it going for a while yet and still keep the MSRP under $10,000. That being said, I will be in the market for the NT1100 DCT when it ever shows up on the fruited plain.

I have the same thoughts but I would welcome the notion of tweaking the NC750x DCT to include:
Standard ignition-controlled 12V drop to power up a Garmin GPS with at least a 5 amp service load

I still think that the NC750 is an extremely capable machine and a few upgrades would keep it going for a while yet and still keep the MSRP under $10,000. That being said, I will be in the market for the NT1100 DCT when it ever shows up on the fruited plain.
I don’t think you’ll see standard luxury items from Honda on the NC, like heated handgrips. Honda’s marketing model seems to be to keep the base motorcycle price low and attractive, then make lots of money on accessories. An illustration of that concept is the current full luggage set going for about US$2000.

I would not want cruise control standard equipment as I would then be paying for something I wouldn’t really want.

What I would really like to see is adjustable ergonomics. The CanAm Ryker has adjustable handlebar position and adjustable foot peg/ brake position.

I don't see that as a big draw, especially when you can get NOS (new old stock) VFR1200X; shaft drive, bigger motor, similiar set up but less plastic-y looking and under $12k with zero miles if you dig around. Sure it's older tech, but it works and they are already state-side. If I had the spare cash that'd be my route.
What grabs me about the NT is the tech and twin cylinder plus it looks very similar to the NC from the side and a baby goldwing looking at it head on

I'll be doing the manual when the time comes, I hope we get Black

I have booked a test ride but it will have to be very good to displace my much loved Strom.
Very interested to hear your thoughts, if it would not be too much trouble. I'm going to try to rent one if available while I'm in Europe later this year but still interested in hearing opinions.

I owned a VFR1200X, loved it, but do not regret selling it one bit. The NT is quite a bit lighter with substantially less HP, both which I view as positives for my riding style. The shaft drive was fantastic on the VFR and it definitely has that over the NT. But, absent the shaft drive, and presuming it comes in at around 14K here in the USA (I believe it will) this a lot more bike for the money than the VFR. Oh, and the windshield adjustment on the VFR was brilliant. I've been talking to dealers lately and they are speculating (spreading rumors, i guess just like I am now) that the NT will come mid 2022 with electronic suspension and 6 axis IMU in addition to the other features we are seeing internationally. Logic is that Honda would find it difficult to compete in the segment without it.

Last edited:
I think the NT has a lot going for it. Lots of nice features, plus it's a Honda. Well appointed, not too heavy, good power. What's not to like? If you are tall enough.

How about this sport tourer?
It's a 2022 Moto Guzzi V100 Mondello.
The specs make the NT1100 look outdated.
And unlike the NT, it will be available in N. America in 2022.
Check out that shaft drive!

Read and see more here:

View attachment 47713

I don’t think you’ll see standard luxury items from Honda on the NC, like heated handgrips. Honda’s marketing model seems to be to keep the base motorcycle price low and attractive, then make lots of money on accessories. An illustration of that concept is the current full luggage set going for about US$2000.

I would not want cruise control standard equipment as I would then be paying for something I wouldn’t really want.

What I would really like to see is adjustable ergonomics. The CanAm Ryker has adjustable handlebar position and adjustable foot peg/ brake position.
I first had cruise control on a Yamaha Super Tenere and now have an aftermarket model installed on my 2018 Africa Twin. Like you, I never thought I would find it useful, but on some of the mind numbing stretches here in the western US it is very helpful, if only to keep the speeding tickets away. The thing is, an aftermarket addition is pretty expensive and requires a lot of management to put on, but one that comes from the factory is a whole lot less trouble to get. Packages are always going to be problematic, whether in a car or on a motorcycle. After all, who needs a moonroof, but you have to have it to get the turbo charged combustulator that your heart desires.

Back