• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is Harley-Davidson Going to Kill the Street 750?

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting Rid of a Unique Harley​

The Harley-Davidson Street 750 is not a best-seller for Harley-Davidson, and with the company in full contraction mode thanks to its Rewire strategy, it now sounds like the Street 750 will not make the cut to be a part of Harley-Davidson’s future. The company is winding down production at the Bawal in Haryana production facility in India, according to the Economic Times of India. That is the facility that makes the Harley-Davidson Street 750. If you end that facility, then you kill the bike.

This shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Harley never sold many of these, and I only ever see them at dealerships to serve as the bikes new riders can ride while they’re taking their learner’s course. From there, Harley sales folks push them towards Sportsters, like the Iron 883, which really isn’t that great of a beginner bike.

This is a shame because the Street 750 is really a pretty good bike. It’s not the best looking Harley-Davidson, but it’s certainly not a bad machine to toss a leg over, and it has a modern liquid-cooled engine and is Harley’s most affordable bike. Still, Harley doesn’t sell many of them, which is why the company will likely end product.

It’s worth noting that this won’t be the only Harley model that disappears. The company is going to be cutting jobs worldwide and streamlining its lineup, but we will likely see some underappreciated motorcycles like the Street 750 disappear in the near future. Overall, it’s a good thing for the business, but it’s still sad to see motorcycle models get canceled.

The post Is Harley-Davidson Going to Kill the Street 750? appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Actually this is one of the few HD's that I don't mind riding. I was occasionally going to the local HD dealer partys and enjoying a few hamburgers, listening to live music, and demoing some of their bikes. I've rode the bigger ones, and the Street 500/750 and the Street Rod 750. I thought the Street 500/750 were both just fine, they ran good with no problems, enough power.

I thought I'd like the Street Rod 750 the best, but didn't care for the foot pegs, their position and the non-spring loaded return, ie. when you push them up at a stop or something, when you move your leg back and prepare to put your foot on the peg, it doesn't automatically go back down like all of my old Japanese bikes have done so it's not already down, you've got to push it back down.

Back