• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Is it possible to adjust the throttle cable slack at the carb without removing a bunch of tupperware?

16DCT

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm running out of slack at the handlebar adjustment and eventually I'm gonna need to make an adjustment at the carb. I can see the adjustment nuts from the left side of the bike but it's deep in there behind the radiator and underneath the frunk and air filter. Just curious if anyone has been able to make adjustments without removing a billion pieces of tupperware.

No carbs on these bikes, as they are electronically fuel injected (EFI). Also nothing wrong with a little throttle tube slack. Odds are if you've ran out of adjustment at the handlebar end of things, it's probably within normal spec.

What is the mileage on the motorcycle? If the cable slack is worsening that much, you may want to replace the throttle cables to avoid possible cable failure. They are steel wires, not generally prone to “stretching”

If you can see the cable adjustment on the throttle body (not carburetor), then you know what is involved to access it. If you have tools and hands that can reach the nuts, you don’t need to remove the side panels. If you don’t have the tools and small hands to reach the throttle body cable adjustment nuts, then you need to remove the side panels for better access.

I was able to adjust mine at the throttle body when I put on Honda heated grips. I have some sets of small wrenches and found what I needed.

Back