• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

is nc750X exactly the same as nc700x except the cc?

minor differences in the tech package. You get a gear indicator on the manual, and a MPG computer readout in both editions of the NC (manual/DCT). The rev counter is easier to read (bigger hash marks)

Besides the larger displacement and more power, I think the biggest thing that is overlooked is the additional balance shaft in the engine. Reducing the engine vibrations even more! (read this somewhere, can't find source.)

Oh and more offroad looking tires that reportedly do not go the distance as the Metzeler Z8's do.

Last edited:
there is still another one difference not reported here: the 750 models have no combined brakes. I mean they have ABS but not C-ABS

Have you tried them? I think they work great.

I'm old school and like that I can control the rear brake separately. In some situations I want only front or only rear brake. I recall a few other Honda models that they dropped the combined.

If linked brakes was such a great thing for the NC why would Honda drop it for 2014? The argument that it saved them some coin really doesn't hold water when the improved the motor, added more features to the instrument cluster, fixed the seat and tweaked the exhaust for a different note. There has to be a reason, just saying.

Last edited:
Honda's problem with linked braking is getting customers to accept it and it does increase cost. May or may not be for everyone. The front brake activated by the hand lever is totally independent of the rear. The rear foot lever only lightly activates the front and that only after a time delay. Is there anyone here who actually has it and doesn't like it?

Years ago Rickenbacker came out with front brakes on their cars. No one else had them and word was spread the front brakes were dangerous. Rickenbackeer went out of business having made a bet on front brakes. Customer perception / acceptance is far more important to sales than the truth.

Ok so that's totally different than the link system I know. Applying the front brake lever doesn't activate the rear at all? So no link between the front to back but applying the rear allow some front brake?

The traditional mechanical link system will apply rear brake when the front brake is applied and the rear brake output is controlled with a proportioning valve.

I just found some info on the system. So the NC has the new electronically controlled braking system. Front brake is only applied when the rear brake pedal is depressed and not at all on low speed unless you push the pedal hard. What are the advantages of this system?

Years ago Rickenbacker came out with front brakes on their cars. No one else had them and word was spread the front brakes were dangerous. Rickenbackeer went out of business having made a bet on front brakes. Customer perception / acceptance is far more important to sales than the truth.

But Honda has been using combined braking system for year so it's and accepted technology. When the installed it on the NC I don't think it would hinder sales so why drop it. There must be a reason?

I too wondered this when I ordered my 750 and asked the salesmen, he didn't have a clue.

Is it a cost cutting measure?

I know I prefer it without CBS tbh, I prefer to decide which brake to use at any given moment.

I had it on my Varadero and wasn't a fan.

I bet it's a cost cutting measure. It's not just another hose from the pedal to the front brake, the ABS unit must be way cheaper in a non combined system

I too wondered this when I ordered my 750 and asked the salesmen, he didn't have a clue.

Is it a cost cutting measure?

I know I prefer it without CBS tbh, I prefer to decide which brake to use at any given moment.

I had it on my Varadero and wasn't a fan.

If the old NC700 only applied the front brake "slightly" when the rear brake pedal was applied what was the benefit? The only time I would only use the rear brake alone is slow speed maneuvering then it's always both together.

Most are not complaining about their combined braking but that doesn't necessarily mean they specifically want it and are willing to pay extra for it. Honda has had multiple versions of combined braking. As for acceptance just read the posts here about people who prefer to have total control of which brake is applied when and how much. Honda has a feature which adds cost and many customers think they specifically don't want. Few know enough about combined braking to know they want it so Handa may have decided that even though they believe it is an improvement the market has not given enough acceptance.

Same thing for ABS except there are people specifically wanting ABS. For example I have a DCT with combined braking because I insisted on ABS. I have become a fan of the DCT and combined braking but probably wouldn't have them if I could have bought ABS without them.

well, this is like with ABS in cars, if the driver is experienced and knows what he's doing ABS is only a disturbance or sometimes can be dangerous.
I personally prefer to have a full control of the car and not be govern by the electronics because once the abs caused me already
small bumper encounter on road with a little bit of sand... I like the option allowing to turn the ABS off in BMW GS bikes BTW.

well, this is like with ABS in cars, if the driver is experienced and knows what he's doing ABS is only a disturbance or sometimes can be dangerous.
I personally prefer to have a full control of the car and not be govern by the electronics because once the abs caused me already
small bumper encounter on road with a little bit of sand... I like the option allowing to turn the ABS off in BMW GS bikes BTW.

Let's not turn this into a ABS or no ABS discussion. The topic at hand, which I'm rather enjoying, is that Honda dropped the combined braking in 2014, why and if there is a benefit to having combine braking.

Back