• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the Kickstand Lodge Rally gone forever?

The past 2 years (21 and 22) the ksl has not opened till Memorial Day and same for 23....and this year they were booked solid the weekend after Memorial Day.

I'm fine with that. I'll pencil it in my calendar. Honestly, I'm not stuck on KSL. Anyplace would be fine. I just miss the get together.
I, too, miss the get together. I’m also going to pencil in that weekend following Memorial Day 2023 for a Nighthawk/NC/Any Bike get together. It doesn’t have to be at Kickstand, but at least Kickstand will be an option if we chose that weekend.

I sent Mo an email asking her about opening dates this year. No reply yet, it’s only been a few days. She might not remember me since I only stayed there one year with the group before Covid. I believe it was 2019. I will make whatever weekend you all decide on, so when someone starts gathering numbers of attendees, count me in.

I went on and scheduled a ride the week after Memorial Day. I am holding out hope for the week before Memorial Day. It is at Jenny Wiley State Park in Eastern KY, an area that I have never ridden.

I requested time off for the week after Memorial Day. Kickstand should definitely be open by then. Hopefully it won't be all booked up. I usually get in by Wednesday so shouldn't have trouble getting a camping spot.

EDIT: Woohoo - got approved. Looking forward to seeing everybody and riding!

Last edited:
I heard back from Bobby at Kickstand. They are opening Memorial Weekend. Saturday May 27, 2023. I just wanted to make it clear what year I am talking about. I will arrive on Weds May 31. I’ll be staying in a tent.
I was thinking about Americade this year, I have never been, but it runs the same week. Maybe next year.

I heard back from Bobby at Kickstand. They are opening Memorial Weekend. Saturday May 27, 2023. I just wanted to make it clear what year I am talking about. I will arrive on Weds May 31. I’ll be staying in a tent.
I was thinking about Americade this year, I have never been, but it runs the same week. Maybe next year.
Thanks for the info. I will also plan on arriving at Kickstand on Wednesday, May 31, 2023

From where do you need to haul your bike?
Williston Florida. My little car too small, my wife's Rav 4 doesn't have a tow hitch or tow package and the old F 250 is set up for goose neck, not bumper pulls and diesel is way too expensive. I may ride it but my last attempt to go to the Smokies on it was a failure.

Sad to hear that. My F250 diesel has been parked for awhile now too. What happened the last time you attempted to ride?

Sad to hear that. My F250 diesel has been parked for awhile now too. What happened the last time you attempted to ride?
I was heading to the Smokies, picked up a nail in the front tire (which had a tube since I a a bent rim due to a pothole) outside of Macon Georgia, tire went flat and I couldn't find a repair shop or a means to trailer it home, so I rode home 300 miles at 50mph on a flat front tire....Shinko Raven tire did not come apart, just don't like nails....I was able to do the 300 miles at 50mph on US 41 all the way home because it is almost completely straight from Macon to home....only one round about in Lake City Florida proved to be the hardest part of the ride home....

I was heading to the Smokies, picked up a nail in the front tire (which had a tube since I a a bent rim due to a pothole) outside of Macon Georgia, tire went flat and I couldn't find a repair shop or a means to trailer it home, so I rode home 300 miles at 50mph on a flat front tire....Shinko Raven tire did not come apart, just don't like nails....I was able to do the 300 miles at 50mph on US 41 all the way home because it is almost completely straight from Macon to home....only one round about in Lake City Florida proved to be the hardest part of the ride home....
Wow, that definitely sucked. I can appreciate your desire to trailer it. I’ve mostly had tubeless tires, and always carried a plugging kit and compressor. That’s just out of fear of what you went through. My last trip to Houston - nail in rear then valve stem on front failed, and my last trip out to Vegas - nail. I bought Safeguard wheel and tire protection, which paid 100% of the new tire and install. That together has exceeded the cost of the protection.
Sorry, I cannot help you out with a trailer.

Sorry to hear of the troubles on that trip.

As you obviously know now, that tube makes it a challenge to repair a nail puncture, which would otherwise have been simple with a tubeless. I have tubes as standard in my dual sport, but the possibility of dealing with of a tube puncture on a long trip takes away some of the fun..

According to my count, 37 days until Kickstand. I am looking forward to it.

Me, too. Still planning on it.

If anyone has questions about our planned meet up first weekend of June, please ask.

I am probably not going to make it. My son has an inoperable brain stem tumor and chemo/radiation is only keeping it from growing larger. I will be driving to Indiana during that time to go visit him for a week or longer.

Back