• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the Kickstand Lodge Rally gone forever?

It’s going to be held at Kickstand Lodge the week after Memorial Day? Like starting on Wednesday May29, 2024? Just want to get it in my calendar!

It’s going to be held at Kickstand Lodge the week after Memorial Day? Like starting on Wednesday May29, 2024? Just want to get it in my calendar!
That is likely the plan (week/weekend after Memorial Day), judging from what we saw this year. The real variable is what Mo and Bobby plan to do with their campground in ‘24. They indicated that they want to stay there, but cut back on the amount of work they do to run the business. We will probably know their plans for sure in spring of 2024.

If Kickstand Lodge should become unavailable, we can alway try to find an alternative venue.

Im sad that I missed the gathering this year. It has been a tough year on family with medical issues, death of one older brother and close calls with another older brother and my step-dad. Both of them were in the hospital at the same time. My wife is keeping track of how many days I’ve been gone this year. I’ve retired and been away from home more days than I’d been home. I thought that is how retirement was supposed to be. Family illnesses don’t count as motorcycle trips, just because I ride the bike to get there.
Hope to see you guys next year. Robbie, maybe I’ll see you and Allen sooner.
I can understand. I missed the gathering to spend time with my son who has been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. My father passed away at the same time and my mother passed 6 days ago. Just got back from Indiana following the funeral. Now I have to get caught up on weeks of grass mowing, bush hogging, horse stall cleaning before I go back toy part time job.

I can understand. I missed the gathering to spend time with my son who has been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. My father passed away at the same time and my mother passed 6 days ago. Just got back from Indiana following the funeral. Now I have to get caught up on weeks of grass mowing, bush hogging, horse stall cleaning before I go back toy part time job.
David, sorry to hear of your great loss and burdens. Prayers for a peace in your heart.

Next year cannot arrive too soon. Doing some work in Michigan. Having trouble retiring, friends keep calling me up needing help, the kind that pays decent for not much but knowledge. I did not bring a motorcycle.
I sold the ATAS DCT. That’s for another post.
Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground has been sold. Cannot get much more than that out of their Messenger account. Did Moe reveal any plans for Kickstand while you were all there last June?

Next year cannot arrive too soon. Doing some work in Michigan. Having trouble retiring, friends keep calling me up needing help, the kind that pays decent for not much but knowledge. I did not bring a motorcycle.
I sold the ATAS DCT. That’s for another post.
Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground has been sold. Cannot get much more than that out of their Messenger account. Did Moe reveal any plans for Kickstand while you were all there last June?
Mo and Bobby are coasting into later life. This year, Kickstand was ”open” at Memorial Day weekend, but at the campground entrance it is marked as closed. Guests are sort of limited to those that are known to Mo/Bobby and/or contact them ahead to ask to stay. We had no problem this year being welcomed to stay. Meals are no longer provided by Kickstand, although their kitchen is open for guests to use as they wish. The toilet/shower house is still open and maintained.

I did not hear of a firm plan for 2024 Kickstand operations. Perhaps they won’t know either until next year. I plan to email them in the spring.

Back