• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the NC700X a touring bike?

I'm glad my wife doesn't read these forums. ;) We rode our NC700X from California to DC and back last summer. (It has a Rocky Mayer custom seat.) She thought it was considerably more comfortable than the summer of 2010 when we rode there and back on our 250 Ninja.

I'm glad my wife doesn't read these forums. ;) We rode our NC700X from California to DC and back last summer. (It has a Rocky Mayer custom seat.) She thought it was considerably more comfortable than the summer of 2010 when we rode there and back on our 250 Ninja.[/QUOTEtake to ]

Yes and you and your wife are young and vibrant..... Compared to a Ninja 250 the X is a mini Goldwing. I believe most stating other wise have had or have bikes in the 750cc or greater size. Now I've had 125cc - 1800cc and yet at 70 I still find the X stable enough ride to CO (2200 miles 6/14), CA (4800 miles 10/14) ,VA (3400miles 4/15) and now AK (5000 miles so far 5-6/15) and be relative comfortable. Is it the best touring bike I had/have, no, but one of the most fun and probably the best for some of the mud/gravel/pot hole roads on this last trip. Now two up I have no comment as my wife (59) declared the Wing her bike after the first ride but she had been on most of the others ( 700 - 1800cc) and never complained except for the BMW K75RTA (wind buffeting) so it is relative to what you have experienced and we must realize that bikes are getting better and better, I remember HD,s that leaked oil normally, and for the most part cheaper (relative).

Having started riding to save money or in early years all I could afford, I've "toured" on just about every one of them, if putting a sleeping bag and pseudo tent aboard and traveling > a days ride counts, and each one was close to perfect at the time, except for a 84 BMW R100RS that all but numbed my arms and butt on a 800+ day ride home from Denver CO( sold it a month later). So you see a bikes "Touring" ability is mostly in retrospect to one's experiences, and expectations. I have a friend who has purchased and sold 14 bikes in the last 18 months and is now "Touring" on a FZ-09, after having a BMW 1200GS, FJR 1300 , Tenere, FC6, VTX 1800, NM4...... (I picked up his 09 DL650 WeeStrom with every mod they have on the forum in 2012), so he does his research and mods them with the best accessories but an X is not "exciting" enough for him so I did not get a good used one from him. Now his view on "Touring" might be different than mine or those on the list, but it can do it and seem comfortable enough for most of us..... :)

I'm glad my wife doesn't read these forums. ;) We rode our NC700X from California to DC and back last summer. (It has a Rocky Mayer custom seat.) She thought it was considerably more comfortable than the summer of 2010 when we rode there and back on our 250 Ninja.

You rode from Cali to DC two-up on a 250 Ninja?

Awesome.

My wife told me she can ride with me only on this kinda bike with straight sofa as a seat like sr400 for instance... :(

View attachment 24511

so I'm looking now for a chick now who's gonna sacrifice and ride with me on nc750x...

My wife told me she can ride with me only on this kinda bike with straight sofa as a seat like sr400 for instance... :(

so I'm looking now for a chick now who's gonna sacrifice and ride with me on nc750x...

Take your wife on a ride on the X with a back rest and you will get her back on a bike. I had to ride ***** on the back of a bike without backrest with a rider I trusted and had white knuckles the whole way. Thought I was going to fall off the whole trip ( 10 miles). Now a lady can hug the driver but I've found a backrest just gives them a new perspective and security.... try it.

I have turned mine into a touring bike and it functions as one extremely well. Here is what I added to convert her over...

1. Seat Concepts Comfort Seat for Rider & Passenger.
2. BreakAway Cruise Control
3. Adjustable Foot Pegs (eBay)
4. Backrest for Pillion Passenger
5. Rear Customized Rack for Cargo (I didn't like the OEM box)
6. Air horn for crazy drivers
7. Side Mirror Extenders
8. OEM Tall Windscreen
9. OEM Sidebags

Works great, looks great, functional. Planning another trip to Arkansas in July.

After I put on aftermarket seat and foot pegs due to grumpy tush and feet I have noticed somewhat better road comfort but most of my saddle time is in proximity to my home. Not sure if I would want to do back to back or a long day in the saddle even with these adjustments. My son rides passenger sometimes but the bike changes its behavior with passenger and I would not want to add luggage to that weight nor risk serious highway time with him in the back.

After I put on aftermarket seat and foot pegs due to grumpy tush and feet I have noticed somewhat better road comfort but most of my saddle time is in proximity to my home. Not sure if I would want to do back to back or a long day in the saddle even with these adjustments. My son rides passenger sometimes but the bike changes its behavior with passenger and I would not want to add luggage to that weight nor risk serious highway time with him in the back.

That's interesting as I've done a few long trips with a heavy passenger and max weight luggage and apart from bottoming out the rear suspension on big bumps found it a well behaved bike with adequate brakes and power.,well obviously have to work it hard ! But then again I am a bit weird and find the stock everything fine.

Is the NC7 a touring bike ????

Well, I only have 73 thousand and something miles on mine.

USA - Including Alaska
Mexico
Canada

Will let you know if the NC7 is able to tour after Argentina next year!

I got the Slo-Mo Tech on road off road footpegs from Twisted Throttle. The wider base and road cushion I have noticed makes it more comfortable on my feet for extended rides. I have not attempted off-road with this bike but if you pull out the cushions they have some serious teeth to keep your boot on.

I got the Slo-Mo Tech on road off road footpegs from Twisted Throttle. The wider base and road cushion I have noticed makes it more comfortable on my feet for extended rides. I have not attempted off-road with this bike but if you pull out the cushions they have some serious teeth to keep your boot on.

just ordered them as well as I do offroad a lot and in mud or in the rain stock footpegs slips as hell.
I hope that additional 15mil lowering will help my knees on longer hauls.

BTW, after third time I took my wife for a ride, she stopped complain about the seat,
I guess she got used to :) weird, because after first ride she said never again...

Yes, but....
The stock seat is a weapon of @ss-destruction. How Honda could get everything else right, but be so far off base with that is beyond me. I have a seat concepts saddle now and all is well for a full day in the saddle. I don't know much about pillion options.

after I tested drove v-strom 650 today the answer is definitely no - nc700/750 is not a touring bike.

Back