• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the NC750x dct a good beginners bike?

Is this your first bike? If so you may be putting off a ‘looker not a buyer’ vibe. Kind of happened to me my first time. If you really want this go in and tell them you’re very interested in the bike if the price is right and it fits you. If you give them a time frame such as ‘I am looking to purchase in the next week’ I imagine you will get much more interest. If the sales guy blows you off go talk to someone different (and if that salesman comes back after someone else starts with you refuse to deal with the guy who blew you off).
worst case scenario get the manager. You may be able to talk some money off if it gets to that.

Is this your first bike? If so you may be putting off a ‘looker not a buyer’ vibe. Kind of happened to me my first time. If you really want this go in and tell them you’re very interested in the bike if the price is right and it fits you. If you give them a time frame such as ‘I am looking to purchase in the next week’ I imagine you will get much more interest. If the sales guy blows you off go talk to someone different (and if that salesman comes back after someone else starts with you refuse to deal with the guy who blew you off).
worst case scenario get the manager. You may be able to talk some money off if it gets to that.
Wow. You‘re probably right on all this, but you wouldn’t think you’d need to beg someone to sell you something for almost $10,000.

Somewhere there is an ordinary looking person, shopping for a bike, with enough disposable savings to pay cash for all the bikes on the showroom floor, but the person probably walks out quietly because the staff paid no attention.

Be more assertive? Get stern with them, talk to a manager? Don't be passive with high expectations on their end. I'm not saying accept what they are doing, because it sounds like those dealers are ran like crap.....but if they have a bike, and it's for sale, and you want to know more about it and a price, get on their asses and make them tell you what you need to know. Sometimes you just have to "be a dick" to get it done.
I appreciate what you are saying TacomaJD. I guess my approach thus far has been a concern that if I act like an a**hole that I'll be treated in the same manner. Perhaps I already am?

Thanks for your thoughts Rabbit. Yes, this is my first bike. When asked what my ride is now I tell them "A Subaru". Not that it should make a difference. I guess I expected it to be like shopping for a car. The experience was just the opposite. I like and appreciate your suggestions very much and will use them.

Wow. You‘re probably right on all this, but you wouldn’t think you’d need to beg someone to sell you something for almost $10,000.

Somewhere there is an ordinary looking person, shopping for a bike, with enough disposable savings to pay cash for all the bikes on the showroom floor, but the person probably walks out quietly because the staff paid no attention.
Happens a lot actually. I went to look at Harley Davidsons one time. Guys blew me off, I never went back

I appreciate what you are saying TacomaJD. I guess my approach thus far has been a concern that if I act like an a**hole that I'll be treated in the same manner. Perhaps I already am?
Assertiveness is not being a jerk. You can ask firmly and politely. You can also ask for a different representative. Tell them ‘I want to make sure this bike suits me before I buy, and if it doesn’t perhaps we can find one that does’. This communicates definitive interest while also saying what you want. Good luck!

670cc. My thoughts exactly in that I figure if you have a bike for sale and someone is interested/wants to buy it they would treat that person as they would want to be treated.
And if you would please indulge my kidding - I am ordinary looking but certainly not rich enough. As always thanks for your comments.

Assertiveness is not being a jerk. You can ask firmly and politely. You can also ask for a different representative. Tell them ‘I want to make sure this bike suits me before I buy, and if it doesn’t perhaps we can find one that does’. This communicates definitive interest while also saying what you want. Good luck!
Thanks again Rabbit.

I had a little trouble buying my first bike. The salesman didn't want me to crash the bike lol. I only got to ride in a parking lot for that one.

All my other purchases have been easy. The salesman asked how long I'd been riding and looked more relaxed after saying I'd been riding for years.

The 750 is a big bike, even if it isn't compared to Harleys or Goldwings.
I wouldn't want to sell a bike due to a crash or deal with the hassle of charging a non-buyer for repairs, which is your responsibility if you do crash during a test ride. I imagine this is the reluctance to deal with you. In some ways that's a courteous thing to do to a novice rider.

Make it known that you're eager to try and buy. Say you're considering X bike and the NC and ask for the salesman's opinion about them, and try them both if you can. Or just the NC.

Last edited:
I had a little trouble buying my first bike. The salesman didn't want me to crash the bike lol. I only got to ride in a parking lot for that one.

All my other purchases have been easy. The salesman asked how long I'd been riding and looked more relaxed after saying I'd been riding for years.

The 750 is a big bike, even if it isn't compared to Harleys or Goldwings.
I wouldn't want to sell one or deal with the hassle of charging a non-buyer for repairs, which is your responsibility if you do crash during a test ride. I imagine this is the reluctance to deal with you. In some ways that's a courteous thing to do to a novice rider.

Make it known that you're eager to try and buy. Say you're considering X bike and the NC and ask for the salesman's opinion about them, and try them both if you can. Or just the NC.
Janus, thanks for sharing your experiences and suggestions. I didn't think of the salesperson's actions/inactions as a non-verbal courtesy to me but I suppose you might be right. Interesting in that my thinking is to ride/test the bike on the property and then have it delivered to me. My older brother tells me that if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any...so just in case.

Janus, thanks for sharing your experiences and suggestions. I didn't think of the salesperson's actions/inactions as a non-verbal courtesy to me but I suppose you might be right. Interesting in that my thinking is to ride/test the bike on the property and then have it delivered to me. My older brother tells me that if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any...so just in case.
Having it delivered or trailering it home is a smart move for any new bike. Trying to ride a new one home is nerve wracking

In my continuing search for my first NC750xd I came across a 2019 MY. The dealership has a number of photos online and I have been fairly successful in identifying what has been added to the original bike. The attached picture shows the left handguard with something just to the right of it (under the red arrow). Can someone tell me what that is?
As always I appreciate everyone's help.2019 750 xd.jpg

2021 NC DCT is a great bike for to start and end with Id say. Been driving 18 years and been having the NC models in my eye for more than 6 years now. I just got mine and have it 1 week. I am in love with it. DCT indeed is cool.

Even if you know how to shift with aa clutch, the DCT is awesome. You will get to know how the modes work and use them accordingly or even USER mode or MANUAL.

The frunk (front trunk) is a very special thing to have and I still need to get used to it, that I have that extra space.

I am 6'1'' and 190lbs and the height is just exactly perfect. Have done around 300 miles in a week and they have been easy, city and outside.

Good luck with your search!

2021 NC DCT is a great bike for to start and end with Id say. Been driving 18 years and been having the NC models in my eye for more than 6 years now. I just got mine and have it 1 week. I am in love with it. DCT indeed is cool.

Even if you know how to shift with aa clutch, the DCT is awesome. You will get to know how the modes work and use them accordingly or even USER mode or MANUAL.

The frunk (front trunk) is a very special thing to have and I still need to get used to it, that I have that extra space.

I am 6'1'' and 190lbs and the height is just exactly perfect. Have done around 300 miles in a week and they have been easy, city and outside.

Good luck with your search!
Spanakis, thanks for sharing your thoughts on your new NC as well as offering me luck. I am learning much from dduelin moderating the thread of new owners comments on their new ride and certainly count your thoughts among the most thought provoking. Unfortunately I don't have the previous experience to measure the evolving components of the 2021 NC. Still please accept my sincere thanks for your comments.

Back