• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is this patchable?

No movement at all on mine.

EDIT: Who patched the tire - I see you're in Houston too?

I went to a place calked Cycle Sports over on Clay between Gessner and Blalock on the west side of town. Old school place, felt like I travelled back in time wen I stepped through the door. Good couple of guys though, I'll probably visit again if needed.

Think I'll go to Honda to get that brake issue corrected though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an easy fix for the brake. Just a matter of removing the rear axle, and reassembling everything correctly. Since the shop that did your tire caused the problem by reassembling the parts wrong, they should fix it for free.

I went to a place calked Cycle Sports over on Clay between Gessner and Blalock on the west side of town. Old school place, felt like I traveled back in time wen I stepped through the door. Good couple of guys though, I'll probably visit again if needed.

Think I'll go to Honda to get that brake issue corrected though..

I know the place (they do restorations) ... I live not far from there ... Clay Rd, heading eastbound turns into W. 43rd. and I'm on the east side of 290, a couple of blocks into a neighborhood.

And that's the problem with an independent who isn't familiar with *any* particular brand of bike. You can't "generalize" the removal and replacement of parts.
There is a specific sequence of events to button everything back up and there are specific torque values required.

It's an easy fix for the brake. Just a matter of removing the rear axle, and reassembling everything correctly. Since the shop that did your tire caused the problem by reassembling the parts wrong, they should fix it for free.

I agree ... they should fix the issue. Heck - they person even pointed out the issue *after* everything was bolted up!

However, if you prefer, I can assist you. I have all the proper tools and knowledge required (I do *all* work on *all* my bikes and cars).

Last edited:
I also agree with you Lou, but after that little hiccup I hesitate at going to a mechanic that hasn't any idea how an NC goes back together. Sure the caliper is the obvious error, but what about the torque specs and chain alignment, etc.

Still glad a went - at least the bike is rideable again - but I guess there is one more step to go to get it perfect again.

Caldercay that's a nice offer. I've sent you a PM. Thanks!

The answer to the OP question is, yes it is patch able.
Whether one should or should. It is up to the person. If tire is so new and costs is a problem, then patch it as good as possible. Else change it.
Your life is worth more than USD200?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I should never click on these threads, lol. Every time I open and read one, I get a flat tire! :rolleyes:

Went out for a ride yesterday morning, and found a big ol' spike of a nail stuck in sideways between two tread blocks. Pulled it out and discovered it had gone in head first, not pointy end first! That's a new one for me...:eek:

Ye olde gummy worm plug repair and on board air compressor in the Fuct to the rescue, and all is good again until this tire wears out. :)

I should never click on these threads, lol. Every time I open and read one, I get a flat tire! :rolleyes:

Went out for a ride yesterday morning, and found a big ol' spike of a nail stuck in sideways between two tread blocks. Pulled it out and discovered it had gone in head first, not pointy end first! That's a new one for me...:eek:

Ye olde gummy worm plug repair and on board air compressor in the Fuct to the rescue, and all is good again until this tire wears out. :)

Ha! That sucks. I need to get me a repair kit after this lesson - I have a history of getting frequent flats on two wheels. It happened almost every week in my bicycle-riding days, and it now looks like that fortune has carried over to motorized versions.

Went out for a ride yesterday morning, and found a big ol' spike of a nail stuck in sideways between two tread blocks. Pulled it out and discovered it had gone in head first, not pointy end first! That's a new one for me...

I pulled this out of the rear tire of the ST not long ago:
(it's a scaffolding nail which has two "heads").

sn.jpg

Back