• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Its all about the links - its lowered!

[...Just eyeballing it, it looks like the pegs would hit first...]

I have Soupy's Adjustable Links and I don't ride with the inside edge of my boot flush with the engine case, so in a tight turn the first thing to rub is the outside of my boot. And it seems like it happens more often in slow stuff, like making a U-turn on a narrow road, than it does in the twisties at speed.

Did that going around a traffic circle (a bit faster than I probably should have) once, give me a bit of a fright, but recollected myself quickly enough that I didn't over react. lol

No lowering links here. :p

With a lower bike the suspension could possibly bottom out causing the tire contact the bike. The bike from Honda was never intended to be lowered. If it was lowering links would be offered by Honda as an accessory. Not trying to be a smart *** but why would you buy a bike that you weren't comfortable on?

FWIW, the CTX and the NC share the same swing arm, links, rocker, stanchions, sliders, wheels, brakes and the main part of the frame (subframes are different). Front damper rods and springs are different, the NC has a longer damper with longer travel, but the upper damper mounts appear (from photos) to be in the same spot. A pal just had a suspension shop put an NC-spec Ohlins on his CTX. It went up a little more in the back and took about 1 degree of rake off and works fine.

My preference for lowering would probably be a shorter damper but unless you've got length adjustment on your existing damper that's going to be an expensive proposition buying a new damper compared to buying/making different length links. But if you are buying a new damper anyway and are willing to possibly give up a little bit of suspension travel along with some ground clearance, a CTX-spec damper would be something to consider.

Rear suspensions with rockers/links can get very touchy about very minor changes if they happen in the wrong spot. I haven't had a chance to measure things to do a simulation but it may be that on the NC/CTX the link lengths are not very critical. If so, the main thing is to watch for ground clearance/wheels bottoming in the fenders types of issues.

cheers,
Michael

Found some -20 millimeter lowering links from Perfection in UK. I'm estimating this will lower bike about 3/4 in. Looking for a little more stability when coming to a stop. Has anyone tried this size ?

Found some -20 millimeter lowering links from Perfection in UK. I'm estimating this will lower bike about 3/4 in. Looking for a little more stability when coming to a stop. Has anyone tried this size ?

That is correct.

I have some that lowered my bike to between 1" and 1.25", but not sure exactly since I haven't measured yet. This was just based off measurements for a 40mm drop. I went just a little less than that. The kickstand is still good, too. So, you won't have to worry about shortening it if you use the 20mm links.

Thank You., exactly what I am looking for.Raised the forks 1/2 inch. Waiting for the links

I have some that lowered my bike to between 1" and 1.25", but not sure exactly since I haven't measured yet. This was just based off measurements for a 40mm drop. I went just a little less than that. The kickstand is still good, too. So, you won't have to worry about shortening it if you use the 20mm links.[/QUOTE]

Back