• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Johnakay rear rack/backrest

skills4lou

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my bike it came with the backrest/rear rack that I believe is made by member Johnakay on here. I'm not likely going to use that, as I'm slowly assembling a GIVI system and plan to build my own rear rack/shelf. I had initially thought about just cutting the mounting arms off of this one and making it work. But, it would be a shame to cut up such a nice piece of kit, and the rack really isn't large enough for what I want. So, I'm just curious if there's anyone who might want this rack? I can post pics over in the classifieds if that's a better place to ask the question?

For some reason I can't post any pics (haven't been able to for a week now). If that ever gets sorted out I will. But you can see it in my thread for "new to me 2012".

Here you go ... OP's Johnakay rear rack/backrest

c0309b1a-9087-4b8f-af65-318651ccf662-jpeg.51570

Very cool. I see why this will not work with the Givi or OEM rack. Hopefully someone can use this. I would like a back rest for the OEM top case, but a big Goldwing style.

Back