• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Joined the club - general questions

cornbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Half showing off the new bike, half asking a couple of general questions. Brought home a 2016 NC700x DCT today. Higher than avg miles but I got a pretty good deal on it - the luggage/case, a GIVI frunk bag, Kaoko cruise control, generic barkbusters, external plug for a batt. tender, recently serviced, so I'm good for ~6k mi.

I'm looking at the small R-Gaza bars, as people here seem to like them. And I need to get another batt. tender because mine is awol. It's got this kind of plug installed near the oil dipstick which I'm not familar with, is it for one of those Batt. Tender Jr's ? Haven't decided on if the seat will need to go or not.......just need to ride it for a bit and see what's what. All systems go!

MtIOkldl.jpg

5XderMom.jpg

Congratulations on the bike purchase! She looks nice and no worse for the miles.

The connector you picture, assuming I am correctly judging it’s relative size, is what I would call a 2 pin SAE connector, and it will be the one most commonly used in small battery chargers such as Batter Tender Jr., Optimate, and others. Avoid NOCO brand chargers as they use a different connector than the one you pictured.

Yep, try the seat out. Many owners swap out the seat and there are a lot of options.

Half showing off the new bike, half asking a couple of general questions. Brought home a 2016 NC700x DCT today. Higher than avg miles but I got a pretty good deal on it - the luggage/case, a GIVI frunk bag, Kaoko cruise control, generic barkbusters, external plug for a batt. tender, recently serviced, so I'm good for ~6k mi.

I'm looking at the small R-Gaza bars, as people here seem to like them. And I need to get another batt. tender because mine is awol. It's got this kind of plug installed near the oil dipstick which I'm not familar with, is it for one of those Batt. Tender Jr's ? Haven't decided on if the seat will need to go or not.......just need to ride it for a bit and see what's what. All systems go!

MtIOkldl.jpg

5XderMom.jpg
Love the Honda luggage but too expensive for me.

Besides being a common plug ( SAE) for battery tenders, etc, it is also good for attaching tire inflators, a mattress inflator ( if you want to camp), and other 12v accessories. Make sure the wire size and fuse will handle the load.

Very nice bike. If you like the black plastic color to pop , 303 protectant makes them look brand new and lasts for months. I like detailing all of my vehicles. The first time I used this stuff I just kept on looking for plastics to apply it to. My daughters were teenagers at the time and thought I was nuts calling them to the garage showing them how excited I was about the results!

Last edited:
Besides being a common plug ( SAE) for battery tenders, etc, it is also good for attaching tire inflators, a mattress inflator ( if you want to camp), and other 12v accessories. Make sure the wire size and fuse will handle the load.
further to Klap's point ... trace that SAE connector line and see how it is wired. If straight to the battery and fused, you're good go for connecting to the battery tender. Check the value of the fuse so you'll know if it can handle having a tire inflator or other goodies attached. If it's connected to the Honda auxiliary harness, or some other relay or something, you'll have to figure out how the previous owner wired it and what it can be used for.

Back