• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Joining your ranks, appreciate your input…

In post #9, Fronnzy said, “Wow! What an amazing forum!” I sure hope the uglier latter part of the thread didn’t discourage he or she from any further participation.

Update.

Love. It.

What an awesome bike. Picked it up 2.5 hours ago. Stopped for coffee just now. Suppose it’s time to get home.

And don’t worry about the thread debates. It’s the internet. Lol.

Fronnzy (he)
And if you want the DCT to run even smoother and quieter, do the DCT Clutch initialization procedure. I’m assuming it wasn’t done by the PO.

1645915858543.jpeg

And if you want the DCT to run even smoother and quieter, do the DCT Clutch initialization procedure. I’m assuming it wasn’t done by the PO.

View attachment 48401
I haven’t read about that yet. Doing it now. I also need to do the ECU reflash at the Honda dealer this week.

I might have been imagining it just because I read all about the stalling issue this week, but there were two times where I felt the RPM dip very low. Once was on a quick brake, the other just blipping to creep in slow moving traffic.

Aside from that, beauty. Sport mode has some legitimate pull! And standard is pretty good too, for just riding around.

so far, no regret going with DCT.

The ride by wire throttle was that one change that I would really appreciate on my 2019. I appreciate features on all three generations. I would like to be able to have a menu that allows me to pick and choose features from all three generations and make one complete motorcycle!
Why would you really appreciate the fly by wire throttle? This is the first bike I’ve bought with it and it just performs the same as all the fuel injectEd bikes I had. A downside I find is that you can’t adjust out the throttle slack on the grip. Not a Plus for me.

Why would you really appreciate the fly by wire throttle? This is the first bike I’ve bought with it and it just performs the same as all the fuel injectEd bikes I had. A downside I find is that you can’t adjust out the throttle slack on the grip. Not a Plus for me.

To me, no throttle cables and throttle valves that need adjusting and synching are the way to go.

And drive by wire throttle is usually accompanied by the inclusion of electronic cruise control.
When you have drive by wire, all hardware required for the electronic cruise is already installed.
For the manufacturer, all that's necessary to add cruise is the handlebar control and the programming into the ECM.
Sooner than later the NC will likely have standard cruise control.

Drive by wire throttle is usually accompanied by the inclusion of electronic cruise control.
When you have drive by wire, all hardware necessary for the electronic cruise is already installed.
For the manufacturer, all that's necessary to add cruise is the the handlebar control and the programming into the ECM.
”all the hardware necessary”, except perhaps a clutch disengagement microswitch. The typical clutch interlock switch ensures that the clutch is fully disengaged before allowing starting in gear. For cruise, you also need a signal to release the cruise at the moment the clutch lever begins to disengage the clutch, not fully disengaged. Does the TBW manual NC have two clutch switches? My Goldwing (with cruise) does, my non TBW NC does not, but maybe the ‘21-‘22 NC has some other trickery that you know of?

”all the hardware necessary”, except perhaps a clutch disengagement microswitch. The typical clutch interlock switch ensures that the clutch is fully disengaged before allowing starting in gear. For cruise, you need a signal to release the cruise at the monent the clutch begins to disengage, not fully disengaged. Does the TBW manual NC have two clutch switches? My Goldwing does, but maybe the ‘21-‘22 NC has some other trickery.
The Africa Twin and Rebel 1100 have cruise on their DCT's.
I'm quite sure every DCT already has those microswitches in the clutches for their operation.

Drive by wire throttle is usually accompanied by the inclusion of electronic cruise control.
When you have drive by wire, all hardware necessary for the electronic cruise is already installed.
For the manufacturer, all that's necessary to add cruise is the the handlebar control and the programming into the ECM.

The Africa Twin and Rebel 1100 have cruise on their DCT's.

I'm quite sure every DCT already has those microswitches in the clutches for their operation.
You said in post #68, “When you have drive by wire, all hardware necessary for the electronic cruise is already installed.” The transmission type was not mentioned.

Now in post #71, you’re talking only about DCT. What about the manual transmission?

You said in post #68, “When you have drive by wire, all hardware necessary for the electronic cruise is already installed.” The transmission type was not mentioned.

Now in post #71, you’re talking only about DCT. What about the manual transmission?
The Rebel 1100 and AT with manual transmissions both have cruise as standard equipment, so I don’t know what to tell you that you don’t already know. Until the NC gets cruise to go along with its drive by wire it’s all speculation.

The Rebel 1100 and AT with manual transmissions both have cruise as standard equipment, so I don’t know what to tell you that you don’t already know. Until the NC gets cruise to go along with its drive by wire it’s all speculation.
I looked quickly, and the Africa Twin MT has two separate switches on the clutch lever assembly. The second switch is likely there to cancel the cruise control if the clutch lever is pulled slightly, but I didn’t try to find the wiring schematics to verify. The MT 2021 NC750X has only one switch At the clutch lever assembly. So it may be contrary to what you said, such that even though ‘21-‘22 NC has throttle by wire, the manual transmission model may not already have everything needed for adding cruise control. It also needs to have all the interlocks, most of which are already in place. But it may need a new wiring harness to the left handlebar, and it may need a second microswitch, unless Honda has some other trickery to get around those needs (like maybe monitoring the individual wheel speeds and the engine RPM in order to attempt to detect clutch slippage vs rear wheel slippage).

Last edited:
Simply for personal preference.

Back