• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Joining your ranks, appreciate your input…

Thanks, Griff. Urg. I forgot how hard it can actually be to make a bike buying decision.

During my commute in today, which was an hour, with half of that in traffic, I imagined myself switching gears and leaning back and forth in stop-and-go to change between 1st and neutral. There were a lot of those, in make believe land. The DCT and lower seat high sure would help in that scenario.

I’ll leave it up to the motorcycle gods. I’ve made an offer on the ‘19. If accepted as is, that’s the bike. If not, I will be a little more patient and find a 1-3 year old DCT, hopefully with some upgrades.

I do like switching gears, but based on some of your comments, and an appreciation for my indented use as a commuter, an auto makes sense. If I get the ‘19, I can always switch down the line if it’s an issue.

In 20 years, we’ll all probably be riding gear-less electric anyway.

Thanks for the comment.
Amen on the electric future. With electric, the whole transmission question goes away because there is no need to even have a transmission. I own a Zero now, and it would be an awesome commuter (except that I have no need to commute).

Good luck with your future NC. On the manual, the clutch pull is fairly light and the manual transmission is slick. It will work fine. Compared to the auto, the manual is slightly lighter weight and has fewer things to go wrong.

Last edited:
I'm too late but I would have said the 19 also. Good choice. Price sounds decent and you won't take the depreciation hit.

The price difference alone will pay for about 55,000 miles of gas!!!

I wouldn't even consider anything older than a '21. They made at least 10 good changes in '21 and no way would I get an older one. I wonder if they are shipping the 22's yet though since I have a deposit on one.

I wouldn't even consider anything older than a '21. They made at least 10 good changes in '21 and no way would I get an older one. I wonder if they are shipping the 22's yet though since I have a deposit on one.
It's hardly worth the effort required to roll my 2013 into the crusher. I guess I'll keep it.

I acknowledge and respect your enthusiasm for the latest 2021-22 NC model changes. Honda needs the refresh to keep selling NCs. I, on the other hand, felt that the 2021 changes went in the wrong direction, and I have lost interest in the new NC models. Fortunately, we, like the OP, have choices, and there is something for everyone.

Last edited:
Update:

Didn’t buy the ‘19. Couldn’t come to terms. And i didn’t love some of the signs of outdoor storage.

And I agree with 670cc, there is something for everyone. While I thought I‘d go manual pre-‘21, I’m quite shocked, as I just bought a 2021 DCT, sight unseen over the phone. Crazy! Lol.

Bought from a Honda Dealer that sold it originally. They posted it last night. The PO traded for Rebel 11000. It’s red, DCT, 4000 kilometres, under warranty until September. Comes with factory heated grips, givi side racks (no bags), Hand guards (don’t know brand), some kind of off brand crash bars, and a battery tender. Unfortunately the PO plasti-dipped the front colored panels under the signal lights. Ugly but an easy fix.

I know they aren’t quite as ”off-roady” as the pre-21’, but I’m pretty comfortable off-road, so for the little I’ll do, it will be fine. I hope I don’t regret the DCT choice, but don’t think I will. My hour plus in traffic on ride days will be so much nicer with it. It’s the canyon carving, and overall spirited riding where I might miss it.

Oh, and for those shopping or wondering, they asked $9999 CDN, plus 12% tax (BC sucks for taxes), plus $195 doc fee. I paid $11,200 all in - essentially no doc fee. There is no negotiation room in bikes right now, no inventory. So probably a little over, but I plan to keep it a while. And compared to the ‘22 I was considering, that’s $2000 less than new. And I get luggage racks, heated grips, hand guards and crash bars.

Anyway - thank you to all who commented!! I’m pumped. Pick it us Saturday. I’ll post a pic in a moment.

Fronnzy

Last edited:
Congrats. When canyon carving or spirited riding you can always put it in manual and use the paddles, or in auto use sport, or set auto up how you choose in user mode

Very nice.
I think you will really like the DCT, especially in urban traffic, but give it some hours of riding before final judgement.
I would also say you got a very decent price.

One piece of advice.
Make sure the ECM re-flash recall has been done before taking delivery.
The salesman will likely know nothing about this recall, but the service dep't can look it up for you and tell you if it's been done.
All '21 DCT's were subject to this recall.

Very nice.
I think you will really like the DCT, especially in urban traffic, but give it some hours of riding before final judgement.
I would also say you got a very decent price.

One piece of advice.
Make sure the ECM re-flash recall has been done before taking delivery.
The salesman will likely know nothing about this recall, but the service dep't can look it up for you and tell you if it's been done.
All '21 DCT's were subject to this recall.
Thanks. I actually caught that surfing the forum an hour ago and called the dealer about.

I was mistaken, they are Yamaha and Suzuki, not Honda. That’s what i get for moving quickly in between meetings. lol. But good guys and they jumped right on it.

They called the Honda dealer nearby and confirmed that it needs to be done. The service manager was a Honda dealer mechanic for 15 years. I’m going to take delivery and then book it in for the recall next week.

Its obviously a no charge repair, so that’s nice. And still under warrant, which gives me peace of mind. They said fuel pump, but I’m guessing he meant fueling issue.

I acknowledge and respect your enthusiasm for the latest 2021-22 NC model changes. Honda needs the refresh to keep selling NCs. I, on the other hand, felt that the 2021 changes went in the wrong direction, and I have lost interest in the new NC models. Fortunately, we, like the OP, have choices, and there is something for everyone.
Naw, read up on it extensively, it's a MUCH better machine.

Naw, read up on it extensively, it's a MUCH better machine.
Please define "MUCH better" because while I think it looks prettier, and while I appreciate the fact that Honda shaved a few pounds off the bloated weight, I don't see any actual compelling reasons to 'upgrade' to a 2021 or newer NC.

It is slightly lower. It is slightly lighter. It is subjectively prettier. But there is now cruise control. The 2-up riding doesn't seem to be any better. The seat is only fractionally better and there are easy fixes for the older seats. Wind management doesn't seem to be improved. I'm not compelled to get rid of my 2018 to get a new generation NC.

If I was bike shopping for a new bike the new NC would probably be my choice for a lot of reasons. But I don't see it being a big improvement over the prior NC generation.

Please define "MUCH better" because while I think it looks prettier, and while I appreciate the fact that Honda shaved a few pounds off the bloated weight, I don't see any actual compelling reasons to 'upgrade' to a 2021 or newer NC.

It is slightly lower. It is slightly lighter. It is subjectively prettier. But there is now cruise control. The 2-up riding doesn't seem to be any better. The seat is only fractionally better and there are easy fixes for the older seats. Wind management doesn't seem to be improved. I'm not compelled to get rid of my 2018 to get a new generation NC.

If I was bike shopping for a new bike the new NC would probably be my choice for a lot of reasons. But I don't see it being a big improvement over the prior NC generation.
Read, read, there are at least 10 significant improvements to it. Half aren't even mentioned in most videos and articles. Also, none have CC so don't even mention that. I wouldn't buy an 18 for half price but if you are happy with it, more power to you.

Last edited:
Back