• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just finished installing all the accessories and mods

ron700

Reaction score
Visit site
Side view of Honda saddle bags with covers
2013-01-09-17.37.04.jpg

Front side view of bike with Denali LED's
2013-01-09-17.32.52.jpg

Rear view of bike with Strobes 'N More Super LED brake light (in place of reflector)
2013-01-09-17.37.55.jpg

Close up of brake lights (they flash in a pattern of 4 on and 1 off and multiple patterns to choose from)
2013-01-09-17.49.26.jpg
2013-01-09-17.33.55.jpg

Denali LED's front view
2013-01-09-17.33.09.jpg
2013-01-09-17.48.22.jpg
2013-01-09-17.48.43.jpg

Denali LED's installation close up
2013-01-09-18.01.17.jpg

Honda heated grips
2013-01-09-18.01.03.jpg

Ebay $35~ adjustable lever
2013-01-09-17.33.27.jpg

Top and bottom air deflectors
2013-01-09-17.34.20.jpg

Honda accessory socket
2013-01-09-18.00.47.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Daveyhar (forum member) for the idea on mounting non OEM lights to the Honda Light bar.

Thanks to Beemerphile for the Strobes 'N More Super LED brake light idea.

...Rear view of bike with Strobes 'N More Super LED brake light (in place of reflector)

Speaking of putting the Strobes 'N More LED brake light where the reflector now sits, once I began thinking about maybe buying one, I first took apart some of the plastics back there to see what I'd need, and immediately stumbled across a modestly complicated metal bracket assembly under the plastic - about where the screws and wiring would have to go through for the LED light. Did that offer you any trouble, or did you just drill through it all? Any special placement needed for the LED to match up with the underlying metal?

TIA.

Verrry Niiiice. Question about the 'deflectors'. How much of a difference have you noticed in the airflow with the deflectors added.
Also, how soon can you get mine rigged up? Really though, great job, and thanks for posting pics :)

Last edited:
...Rear view of bike with Strobes 'N More Super LED brake light (in place of reflector)

Speaking of putting the Strobes 'N More LED brake light where the reflector now sits, once I began thinking about maybe buying one, I first took apart some of the plastics back there to see what I'd need, and immediately stumbled across a modestly complicated metal bracket assembly under the plastic - about where the screws and wiring would have to go through for the LED light. Did that offer you any trouble, or did you just drill through it all? Any special placement needed for the LED to match up with the underlying metal?

TIA.

I took off the brake/tail/license tail light cover off for easy access. I have the service manual so it was easy to identify what to quickly take off. You pretty much remove the one phillips screw from the plastic cover to access the wiring. Unplug your wire harness (consisting of 3 plugs). You will see a large phillips screw in the center towards the back and further back from the harness which you need to remove. Then there are 2 bolts (one on each side) under the mud flap that need to come out. You will then be able to slide out the tail light and do the mounting. It seems like a lot but it's really a breeze.

I used Posi-taps to make the negative and brake light power connections, therefore NO splicing. Hope this helps.

Looks good.
Thanks!

Looks GREAT Ron!!!
Thanks!

Looks very good, Ron
Thanks!

Verrry Niiiice. Question about the 'deflectors'. How much of a difference have you noticed in the airflow with the deflectors added.
Also, how soon can you get mine rigged up? Really though, great job, and thanks for posting pics :)
Thanks for the compliments. I haven't had a chance to ride since the install as I was under the weather, then the weather misbehaved. When I test rode demo bike, it had the lower deflectors installed. The temp was around the 60's and I was wearing regular shoes. I hardly felt any high winds or for that matter cold on my ankles. I don't think they'll provide that great a protection, but they'll certainly take the edge off. I'll report back when I've had an opportunity to ride again.

Bet you had fun with the light bar. Looks great.
That light bar was a PITA. I ended up scratching part of the frame because of movement when positioning. Luckily, (with the wonderful folks we have here) someone chimed in with the FRAME color code. One Honda store had the paint touch up bottle in stock and I snatched it. Color was almost perfect, touched it up and the scratches are gone.

Last edited:
How long did it take for you to put on the saddlebags and rear trunk with all their bracketry? Just wondering because I'm supposed to pick up my bike either Thursday if we have time, or Friday for sure, and all the accessories are supposed to be in Friday, too. I'm thinking about starting on the install this weekend. I'm paying the dealer to put on heated grips and 12V accessory socket, I'll do the rest. Yours looks great, hoping mine will look just like it in a few days.

That looks a really neat set up. Shame the rear light would not be legal this side of the pond
Actually, the E3 also has an option for steady on, i.e. functioning as a regular brake light except much brighter than the stock tail lamp. The pictures above do not do Strobes 'N More LED any justice.

How long did it take for you to put on the saddlebags and rear trunk with all their bracketry? Just wondering because I'm supposed to pick up my bike either Thursday if we have time, or Friday for sure, and all the accessories are supposed to be in Friday, too. I'm thinking about starting on the install this weekend. I'm paying the dealer to put on heated grips and 12V accessory socket, I'll do the rest. Yours looks great, hoping mine will look just like it in a few days.

I waited to do all my accessory installations and mods at the same time. I basically took my merry old time and finished with 4 ~ 5 days. I feel the heated grips installation and accessory socket were fairly straightforward but time consuming due to the glue from the previous grips.

Just make sure to use some good tools. Installation of the saddlebags grab rails will be smoother if using a dremmel and good file.

Nice... makes me think of starting to get the accessories before the bike...too bad need to wait few more weeks to have the roads motorcycle friendly...

Back