• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

K&N air filter

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled the K&N air filter out of my GL1800 today. I held it up to my eye and could see pretty well looking through it. Even the iPhone took a fairly good picture of my garage window looking through the filter. Yes, the photos of the window we’re taken through the filter with the phone up against it. There are very big holes in the fabric for light to pass through. It’s no wonder these things flow more air, and dirt, and they last a long time. The K&N went in the trash and I installed an OEM air filter. No more K&Ns for me. The filter in this picture was in service 15,000 miles since last cleaned and oiled. I’d guess most of the dirt went through the engine, since it wasn’t in the filter.

2CBBA11D-5450-48FD-9C62-7ABBE313DEE4.jpg
0153BEB3-F585-4E83-B75A-F1C6B793EE7C.jpg908ADF5B-7D44-43D2-9FB8-C63484047CFA.jpg

Last edited:
I've never used a K&N on a bike, and wonder about the "rumors" of oil being sucked off the pleats and coating some of the fuel injection vital parts.....causing problems??

i too have had great luck with K+N air filters. i have used them on my race engines that i built when i was much younger and have had them on every vehicle i have ever owned since. I have always done the cleaning and servicing on them way before it was ever recommended, about every 12k-15k or once a year because i can. I just ordered a new K+N for my new to me NC700x. I have it all apart and i am waiting with excitement for the new filter to arrive and get it installed. Of all the engine that i have personally ran/built and rebuilt when needed, i have never seen any damage or premature wear attributed to the K+N air filters i've ran. UNI-K+N on my friends!! :{)

I'm another K&N air filter user with no complaints.
I clean my reusable filter and change my oil every 10,000 miles on my NC
Runs like the day I bought her and doesn't burn a drop of oil

When I bought my 2013 NC700XD from a club friend, it came with service manual, extra air filters, etc. The original filter is still in place and I've now put 20k on the bike. The performance and fuel economy hasn't dropped off but I'll probably change the air filter before the real riding season starts next month. Recommended change interval is 12k miles so I've almost doubled that.

The main value with the K & N is that it is a "lifetime" filter but honestly, will anyone have their bike for a lifetime? I much prefer to use the standard Honda air filter. :)

Thanks for all the replies, people. Since K&N filters are indeed selling, it stands to reason that some people like and trust the product. I posted my observation because this personal experience made me realize that the K&N filter product does not meet my goals and expectations for an air filter. Loyal K&N users have their reasons for staying with the product, but for those who are undecided, I simply added my opinion to the mix.

Back