• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

K&N HA-7012 Air Filter

Fuzzy, is Indian a motocycle or is it a motorcycle. "Motocycle"!

YES ;)

From Wikipedia:
Indian is an American brand of motorcycles.

Indian motorcycles were manufactured from 1901 to 1953 by a company in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA, initially known as the Hendee Manufacturing Company but which was renamed the Indian Motocycle Manufacturing Company [sic]

Last edited:
Indian motorcycles were manufactured from 1901 to 1953 by a company in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA, initially known as the Hendee Manufacturing Company but which was renamed the Indian Motocycle Manufacturing Company [sic][1][2] in 1928. The Indian factory team took the first three places in the 1911 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy. During the 1910s Indian became the largest manufacturer of motorcycles in the world. Indian's most popular models were the Scout, made from 1920 to 1946, and the Chief, made from 1922 to 1953.

The Indian Motocycle Manufacturing Company went bankrupt in 1953.
Indians were Motocycles not motorcycles. Clearly printed on every side case!8.jpg

IndianMotocycle.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered my stock filter and brakes today.

I'm going with stock filter and brakes too. It's 12K miles, and the manual says to have them inspected / replaced every 12K.
This is one of those times when I wish I were a better mechanic. The brake pads are SOOO accessible, seems like it would be easy to replace them.

Update Nov. 2013:
After asking my mechanic to change the brake pads on two different visits he declined both times.
"They're just not ready for replacement... They're not worn down enough" he said.

Last edited:
I showed it as a quote I pulled of a forum where someone did run tests. I did not say fact in my own words. I also said my experience could have been due to other reasons, and I also said to each their own. It does not really make a difference to me what you won’t to run in your machine, as it's your machine. I also won't respond to the discussion with you further.

Your original post said this "Guys, keep in mind K&N filters let in more particles than normal. Many tests have been done and they significantly reduce engine life."

You posted one test that shows the K&N passes more dust than some of the other filters. If you read the literature that comes with a K&N filter you would know that as it gets dirty the filter actually filters better as the air passages get more clogged, but due to the way its made, the performance of the filter is not significantly changed even at 50,000 miles when they recommend cleaning.

What you didn't show was any tests that show SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED ENGINE LIFE. You didn't post it as an opinion, you posted it as a fact supported by "many tests" which you don't provide. What you fail to understand is people read these forums for information and they expect that someone putting something here, stated as a fact, to know what they are talking about. Your opinion about engine life is appreciated. You stating something as a fact when its wrong is misleading.

Also, further to that same test showing the K&N's poor performance is that they also tested an old K&N at the same time and the old K&N was far more effective than the new one ....

Back