• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kern River Canyon Rd Challenge Ride - Answer The Call (10/11/14)

Brillot2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I have been planning a ride from the San Fernando Valley to Lake Isabella. I will be the ride leader.

Here's the ride details:

• Date: October 11th, 2014
• Meeting Place 1: Shell Station on Hollywood Way off of the I-5 Freeway. Will leave at 9:00 am.
• Meeting Place 2: Denny's Parking Lot off of Roxford St and the I-5 Freeway. Will leave at about 9:30 am.
• Planned Route: goo.gl/zxDKF2
• Route Trip: 300+ miles

What to bring:

• Light riding jacket and possible liner or sweatshirt
• Warm weather riding gear.
• Cash, at least $40
• Sunscreen
• Digital Camera

Route Details:

• Freeway will be traveled for a good long distance before taking side routes.
• Fuel stop at the Chevron in Lebec, CA (5938 Dennis McCarthy Dr). - This location will be an additional meeting point for additional riders that want to join us. Approximate meeting time to be between 10:20 to 10:40 am.
• Traveling through agricultural, residential areas, and small towns.
• Moderate canyon roadways with general public traffic.
• Advanced canyon roadways lesser general public traffic. We may encounter livestock on this roadway. Also there might be livestock droppings in the roadway, be alert of these conditions. Speed traveled is 45 MPH maximum recommended on this portion of the trip.
• Then returning back to moderate canyon roadways with general public traffic.
• Sightseeing stops along the away for photo opts.
• Lunch stop in Kernville at the Pizza Barn.
• A loop around the Lake.
• Fuel up before leaving the area.
• Moderate canyon roadways with general public traffic.
• Mostly freeway all the way to Mojave.
• Fuel stop at the Chevron in Mojave, CA.
• Mostly Freeway on the way back to the San Fernando Valley.

PM me if you have any further questions or need more details.

"LAST CALL" for any other riders interested in going on this ride tomorrow morning.

I have my entire local group confirmed, a total of 7 riders. There's always room for more!!! :eek:

Did the over 350 mile round-trip ride on Saturday 10/11/14 from the San Fernando Valley up to Lake Isabella with a group of friends, see route below. No other NC700X's on this ride though. There was a total of 7 riders, two of which were not on Hondas.

The best part of the ride was when we got onto Old Kern River Canyon Rode. The route was clear most of the way over the way up. A rider on a BMW F800 challenged me through the most twistiest part of the route. I am pleased to say that I kept him at bay and NaNCy performed very will through those narrow twisty roads. Dropped her into "S-Mode" and I was off...

My phone died halfway through the trip, my GPS App drained the battery faster than expected. Also demanding my charge cable did not help either.

Sorry that some you all could not make it for this ride...

Attachments

• LIR.JPG
    LIR.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3666.jpg
    IMG_3666.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3671.jpg
    IMG_3671.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 59
Back