• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

(Edited) 2021 Land of the Dragon Gathering

I just checked back thinking no one was interested since I have gotten no email notices (nothing I have changed - MOD ?) but it seems some will be there. Cool.

Will be rushing home from DC area to drop the wife and pick up the boys and their bikes. Yes we trailer as I am no longer a long ride self-flagellater. Can't do it.

We usually arrive Wed PM. Depending on how fast we get through Atlanta determines my mental and physical state to ride a bit after arrival. Hard to believe I used to think nothing of riding 10hrs!

Found out yesterday that I won't be able to arrive until Thursday. Hopefully in time for an afternoon ride. My wife has a hard to get neurologist appointment Wed. afternoon.

Found out yesterday that I won't be able to arrive until Thursday. Hopefully in time for an afternoon ride. My wife has a hard to get neurologist appointment Wed. afternoon.
Hope you can just tack a day onto the tail end. I have no set schedule. I might depart Monday.

Our change of plans.
We will bring my bike with us on the trip to DC and stop in NC early in the week and "tourist" by truck. The boys will come up with the little trailer on Wed. or Thurs. Less rushing and driving.

I'm assuming that this non event is really a non event. I don't plan on heading up that way. Not sure if KSL will be open, but without restaurants and a gatherings limited to 5, I just don't think it will be as much fun. I also have a compromised wife, so I will not be traveling in the foreseeable future.

dang!

I’m still keeping this on my calendar, but subject to change based on the unfolding of events.

If May doesn’t work, maybe we can do one in September or October instead.

still keeping an eye out on this one...5 weeks is still a ways off. This stuff could get better or worse...I am in the high risk category; over 60 with a heart condition (which I didn't have last year)... Don't know how NC or TN is, but up here, restaurants are still open for take-out or delivery...

They've called the RDV over in Murhphy. I am keeping my days, so may be down to Kickstand. I will keep a watch out here as well. The woman who runs the RDV does not see NC easing up on the gathering numbers any time soon. they are getting more restrictive there by the day.

Unfortunately, if I cross state borders, it is a mandatory 14 day lock down for me right now. We have to see what happens by mid May.

They've called the RDV over in Murhphy. I am keeping my days, so may be down to Kickstand. I will keep a watch out here as well. The woman who runs the RDV does not see NC easing up on the gathering numbers any time soon. they are getting more restrictive there by the day.

Unfortunately, if I cross state borders, it is a mandatory 14 day lock down for me right now. We have to see what happens by mid May.
just dont tell anyone you crossed state lines....:) and the KY governor already has at least one lawsuit now for that order...I had to work this past Saturday, and I almost forgot it was my mom's 80th birtday...went to see her but she was on one side of the door and I was on the other wearing a mas (N95, yea I got a couple of good ones my wife had in storage). Indiana governor hasnt went as far as the KY governor has..

!!Merica!!
I told my wife in early Jan that the US and our freedom/individualistic outlook/culture would cost us a worse outcome from the Virus compared to most.
Off topic. OOPS. Is there a virus thread here?

Graham county (think Robbinsville and Cherohala and 129 approach to Dragon) has closed the roads into the county except for deliveries and locals. Things may open up but not looking good. This was the first time I didn’t have a conflict that weekend.

I guess I should be happy to be able to ride, at least solo or with a few locals.
North GA forest service roads are all open as are most of the SM500 trails south of TN.
The only thing closed are the Fee-only campgrounds but dispersed camping (primitive) is allowed.
Two Wheels of Suches is still open to camping within guidelines.
Cabins and restaurant are closed.

If anyone is interested in camping and riding from Suches, GA
Let me know and I'll play host :)

Attachments

• KIMG0365.JPG
    KIMG0365.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 7
  • KIMG0379.JPG
    KIMG0379.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 7
Indiana is now ticketing drivers for disobeying the stay at home order...They are not pulling people over and checking why you are out; however, if you are pulled over for some other event, or in a fender bender, they will determine why you are not at home and charge you with disobeying the directive if your reason for being out is not essential...

I am hoping things ease up by then. I’ll be riding out on Weds. I ride every other day locally. Have not been confronted by any law enforcement and have seen numerous county Sherriff and the city police.
If the weather is going to be suitable for camping I may leave on Monday. Looking forward to my second year.

Back