Kickstand 2020? Land of the Dragon.

LesC

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stopped by and said Hello to Bobby & Mo on Saturday. They were both disappointed that they were unable to be open. I believe they were happy to see two of us there even if it was for only half an hour. IMO the Blue Ridge MC Campground is nice, but not a replacement for Kickstand. When Kickstand 2020 happens, and if I can make it, I’ll be better prepared to help out with the cooking, cleaning and grocery items. It’ll be fun.
If there was any kind of internet service out here where I live I would post some pictures.

RobbieAG

Reaction score
Les and I held up the NC700 forum banner at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground this year. We had a great time - the weather was great and the roads were emptier than I've ever seen them this time of year. Even on Saturday they weren't that bad. I got there on Wednesday and left Sunday. Wednesday night there were just two tent campers and two cabin dwellers. By Saturday night it was hopping! There were a couple other guys with NCs there. One had an NC750X DCT and the other an NC700 manual. On Friday we ate breakfast at Ingles (great buffet) in Waynesville, rode the Blue Ridge Parkway to Cherokee, then stopped at KSL to say hello to Mo and Bobby (as Les shared). Then we rode the Dragon and Cherahola and had a sit down dinner in Tellico Plains. We finished up around 5:00. When I checked the GPS it said it was 3 hours to get back! With a couple stops, we didn't get back until around 9:00. I think we overdid it a bit! As usual there were lots of good people to talk to. The campground served breakfast and dinner on the weekend and the food was quite good. I'll definitely go back there. It's quite a bit further east than KSL so you tend to ride different (but still great!) roads. Some of the great roads nearby are 276, 215, 209, and of course the BRP, but you can hardly find a bad road as most of you know. I'll try to get a few pictures up here that I took along the way.