• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

(Edited) 2021 Land of the Dragon Gathering

I have friends with FL tags that have been running SC, NC, and TN roads for about a week. Staying down near Clayton and riding everyday.

No state, including NC, has declared martial law. Third week of May be prepared to practice social distancing and keep clean hands and you will be fine.

Here is what's happening in surrounding states as of this past weekend:
Tennessee
Restaurants in Tennessee were allowed to reopen on April 27, and retail stores followed on April 29, provided they operate at 50 percent capacity. The loosened restrictions from Governor Bill Lee will apply only in Tennessee counties without their own public-health departments, meaning large cities, including Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville, will be allowed to set their own timeline.

South Carolina
Retail stores previously deemed nonessential, including bookstores, department stores, and sporting-goods stores, were allowed to reopen April 20. Governor Henry McMaster’s order allowing their opening restricts the businesses to no more than five customers per 1,000 square feet. Salons, gyms, and restaurants are still required to be closed.

Georgia
Governor Brian Kemp has made the nation’s biggest push to reopen in the country. Starting Friday, April 24, barbershops, gyms, salons, and massage therapists could reopen. On Monday, April 27, restaurants and movie theaters followed. On April 30, the state’s stay-at-home order expired, but Kemp, who has turned his attention to restarting the state’s economy, said high-risk Georgians should stay at home at least until mid-June.

North Carolina:
Extends until May 8, North Carolina’s Stay At Home (Executive Order 121) as well as other orders regarding the closures of restaurants for dine-in service, bars and other close-contact businesses

East of MOs, at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle campground (been following them on Facebook)...this is what they posted over the weekend:
Sorry everyone, Haywood County is now saying it will be mid May before we can open the campground. We will keep you posted as soon as we have an actual date

If we were in groups less than 10 no one would say anything. I doubt anyone would say anything unless we didn’t practice social distancing at stops. We are still under the mandatory 14 day quarantine of coming in from out of state here. If that changes I may be able to get Sherri to come with me, but we would have to stay at the RV campground in town because of the dog.

If we were in groups less than 10 no one would say anything. I doubt anyone would say anything unless we didn’t practice social distancing at stops. We are still under the mandatory 14 day quarantine of coming in from out of state here. If that changes I may be able to get Sherri to come with me, but we would have to stay at the RV campground in town because of the dog.
Only if you tell someone in government you left the state....I saw many KY plates in Lawrenceburg and Aurora Indiana (across the river from Florence) on Saturday...talked with a few,,,they were going to disregard that order....:)

He said he is going to model Ohio’s order. It has been found constitutional. IDK whether it has the 14 day quarantine provision or not.
Ohio governor's order...allow travel into and out of state...only people who need to quarantine are people who move to the state to stay.
1588701495485.png

The way I read that is that if I intend to stay I am asked to quarantine. If am passing through I do not. The distinction is that they are ASKED to quarantine. Ours is mandatory with a criminal penalty. Sherri works for the state, and they have been told if they leave the state they have to be off work 14 days. So she won’t be going with me in any event. I would hate to have Andy disappointed in me. We’ll see.

We won't make it. I have too many risk factors to venture out right now. One son is medical and working overtime. The other is not working, being paid and accruing vacation time.
Ahh the benefits of working for the richest company on the planet.

I suggest that everyone consider what they will do if they get sick on a bike when they're hundreds of miles from home. You're not going to be riding with a fever of 101, and when I got it it started with vomiting.

I suggest that everyone consider what they will do if they get sick on a bike when they're hundreds of miles from home. You're not going to be riding with a fever of 101, and when I got it it started with vomiting.

Those were my first thoughts when I considered the trips I have this spring. I didn't want to be stranded, sick, in BFE, or worse, bring it home to my family.

Have you been tested for the 19 and antibodies?

I became sick on my way back from Houston at the end of October, 2019. I made it to Shreveport, LA. I put the motorcycle, the GoldWing, in storage and flew back to Nashville. This is when that GWRRA Gold Book came in handy. I called a member and he picked me up at the storage unit and took me to the airport. I brought the “illness” back to my wife. I was ill for two months. Her symptoms were more severe than mine.
When I take a trip out west this summer or fall I will purchase I believe it’s called StarMed Travel.

No offense, but this is a risk any time you travel alone on a motorcycle hundreds of miles from home. It's not specific to this trip.

I am on the fence...Wife told me she thought it wasnt a good idea now....but, what do we do if this virus doesn't go away and there is no good vaccine....there are viruses today which have killed people for 40+ years and no vaccine has worked (HIV is one, with billions spent on research)....we going to live in fear and social distance forever....dont think so. I probably wont make a decision until Tuesday or Wednesday (depends on how much grief the wife gives me).

I am on the fence...Wife told me she thought it wasnt a good idea now....but, what do we do if this virus doesn't go away and there is no good vaccine....there are viruses today which have killed people for 40+ years and no vaccine has worked (HIV is one, with billions spent on research)....we going to live in fear and social distance forever....dont think so. I probably wont make a decision until Tuesday or Wednesday (depends on how much grief the wife gives me).
I get it. I am just on the side of the fence that says sit this out...barely.
I had put in a vacation request for the week (months ago, just laid off on Monday though) and figured this would be an awesome opportunity to put some faces with some of the names that I've run across here, get a long ride in from Cleveland, and try a ride that certainly has a reputation I'd like to experience.
Ultimately though, my little sister lost one of her closest friends to covid, and I am choosing to side with caution and honor the travel restrictions that are in place. It's not something that I'm willing to do for the rest of my life, but at this point it's only been 2 months. Can you imagine what the hardships of sacrifice during the great depression or any of the world wars must have felt like? That was without take out food, pizza delivery, the Internet, Netflix, forums like this, etc.
I'm certainly not willing to live the rest of my life in fear, in fact I am over the fear right now it is strictly trying to do my part at this point. As I see the restrictions loosening up across the country, it gives me hope that this will be over soon(although there may be a bit of a new normal) As long as we move forward with care.
Interesting times....

Back