• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

(Edited) 2021 Land of the Dragon Gathering

Stopped by and said Hello to Bobby & Mo on Saturday. They were both disappointed that they were unable to be open. I believe they were happy to see two of us there even if it was for only half an hour. IMO the Blue Ridge MC Campground is nice, but not a replacement for Kickstand. When Kickstand 2020 happens, and if I can make it, I’ll be better prepared to help out with the cooking, cleaning and grocery items. It’ll be fun.
If there was any kind of internet service out here where I live I would post some pictures.

Les and I held up the NC700 forum banner at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground this year. We had a great time - the weather was great and the roads were emptier than I've ever seen them this time of year. Even on Saturday they weren't that bad. I got there on Wednesday and left Sunday. Wednesday night there were just two tent campers and two cabin dwellers. By Saturday night it was hopping! There were a couple other guys with NCs there. One had an NC750X DCT and the other an NC700 manual. On Friday we ate breakfast at Ingles (great buffet) in Waynesville, rode the Blue Ridge Parkway to Cherokee, then stopped at KSL to say hello to Mo and Bobby (as Les shared). Then we rode the Dragon and Cherahola and had a sit down dinner in Tellico Plains. We finished up around 5:00. When I checked the GPS it said it was 3 hours to get back! With a couple stops, we didn't get back until around 9:00. I think we overdid it a bit! As usual there were lots of good people to talk to. The campground served breakfast and dinner on the weekend and the food was quite good. I'll definitely go back there. It's quite a bit further east than KSL so you tend to ride different (but still great!) roads. Some of the great roads nearby are 276, 215, 209, and of course the BRP, but you can hardly find a bad road as most of you know. I'll try to get a few pictures up here that I took along the way.

Anybody planning to go up this year? I'm thinking it would be May 19th (or 20th) through the 23rd. I've got it on my calendar.
I would VERY much like to hold the Kickstand event in 2021! And yes, those dates are perfect (although I’ll plan to stay 5-6 days). I want to see how vaccinations and such go between now and then, but I’m pencilling in those dates and hoping for the best! Let’s keep this thread active.

Anybody planning to go up this year? I'm thinking it would be May 19th (or 20th) through the 23rd. I've got it on my calendar.
I'd be great to be in Suches a month before for the Georgia Spring Rally then at Mo's for Kickstand then Moonshine CG for the Blue Ridge Gathering. Sounds like a plan!

If I was in the age group for vaccinations I'd love to go. I've been looking for an excuse/opportunity to ride across the country for a while now. I hope y'all have fun!

If I was in the age group for vaccinations I'd love to go. I've been looking for an excuse/opportunity to ride across the country for a while now. I hope y'all have fun!
There have been some long distance attendees. We actually had a guy ride in to the Smokies on an NC from Oregon one year. Also, OCR came from Texas a time or two.

There have been some long distance attendees. We actually had a guy ride in to the Smokies on an NC from Oregon one year. Also, OCR came from Texas a time or two.
Yep, and the guy from Oregon towed a one wheel trailer with his camping supplies on it...it was a great setup he had....Dont know what happened to him on here...he disappeared.

The wife and I visited friends in August and the Boys and I rode in October. No problems.
But yea, we have a new agenda now. Will it be inclusive of us NC folks?

So. May 19, 20, 21.
What is the Five Day Trip dates?

The wife and I visited friends in August and the Boys and I rode in October. No problems.
But yea, we have a new agenda now. Will it be inclusive of us NC folks?

So. May 19, 20, 21.
What is the Five Day Trip dates?
It’s too early to make the call, but to avoid weekend crowds, if I go, I may arrive Sunday night, 5/16. Sometimes I spend a few nights at the National Forest campground off the Cherohala. Also, if I depart Kickstand on a Monday, I avoid the craziness on the Dragon.

Just checked Kickstand's website and they're not opening until Memorial Day weekend. Bummer! Looks like we'll have to go elsewhere. Other possibilities are Iron Horse right there in Stecoah, Blueridge Motorcycle Campground in Crusoe NC (on Facebook) or Willville Motorcycle Campground in Meadows of Dan VA. What say you all?

FYI - I got my first Covid shot and will get the second in a few weeks. I'll be good to go as far as that goes.

Just checked Kickstand's website and they're not opening until Memorial Day weekend. Bummer! Looks like we'll have to go elsewhere. Other possibilities are Iron Horse right there in Stecoah, Blueridge Motorcycle Campground in Crusoe NC (on Facebook) or Willville Motorcycle Campground in Meadows of Dan VA. What say you all?

FYI - I got my first Covid shot and will get the second in a few weeks. I'll be good to go as far as that goes.
Yep, just saw their website...Dang...I got my first shot 1.5 weeks ago, get my second shot on the 20th...wasnt going to stay in the bunkhouse as I usually do,,,going to try the tent thing...never stayed at the Blueridge before and dont know how Iron Horse is after they changed ownership...

I used my Allstays camp and RV app and there are multiple campgrounds. I know they will not be void of RVs but neither is Iron Horse. We could further our cause by showing that not all motorcycles carry obnoxiously loud aftermarket exhaust systems.
eg. https://timberlakefamilycampground.com/
Join up with a trailer - 1 tent and 1 RV = 1 site.

Back