• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kickstand Number 9 in the Land of the Dragon

This sounds great. This is the second year with my 2016 NC700XD. Haven't ridden those roads with this bike yet. Usually I stay at Ironhorse MC. Have been to Kickstand one time, had a good experience. Mo is a hoot. It's on the calendar. Looking forward to meeting other NC owners!

I’m in. Still need to slide out of a required convention-meeting, but that adds to the thrill of playing hooky for a long motorcycle ride. Talk about being “on the edge”.

Thought I'd give this a bump. My cogent front parts are here and waiting on the shock. Plan to order tires and start putzing with the NC. Havnt ridden any since Christmas. Having some trouble with my meds, but hope to be sorted out soon.

I have the time off from work. Anyone coming from the Midwest area? I'm in the Twin Cities, MN.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am heading for the mountains right now, but I guess I can go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCTFAN as much On Road and Off Road as you do, you might consider the Midas E-07. They are giving me 10,000 miles on the Africa Twin, and are ok in the dirt or the road..

One note, do not buy the Midas DAKAR tires, unless King Kong is along to change tires for you............

Last edited:
motoz_17_tir_tra_gps-rea (1).jpgThanks for the tip.
I did wrestle with Kong Jr. today.
Looks like this (hope it'll last til May :)

I am heading for the mountains right now, but I guess I can go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCTFAN as much On Road and Off Road as you do, you might consider the Midas E-07. They are giving me 10,000 miles on the Africa Twin, and are ok in the dirt or the road..

One note, do not buy the Midas DAKAR tires, unless King Kong is along to change tires for you............

For the second year in a row, I'm out for medical reasons. I was diagnosed with AFIB back in the fall. Passed out in the kitchen and the meds keep me woozy. I now have a consult to have an ablation. Hopefully it will succeed and I can get my life back. #2 Last week I had a tearing feeling in my good shoulder. Afraid surgery is in my near future.

For the second year in a row, I'm out for medical reasons. I was diagnosed with AFIB back in the fall. Passed out in the kitchen and the meds keep me woozy. I now have a consult to have an ablation. Hopefully it will succeed and I can get my life back. #2 Last week I had a tearing feeling in my good shoulder. Afraid surgery is in my near future.

For what it’s worth, a friend of mine had the ablation procedure last fall as a “last resort” to his AFIB problem and it worked for him. Best wishes to you.

My brother is waiting to have an ablation done. He also has afib and meds are not doing anything for him-neither is the pace maker they put in. So it is coming out and an ablation will be done in the near future. Prayers Dale....

Bumping this thread to generate interest and excitement! We're less than a month away!

Yep, I got to call Mo one day this week. Going to try the camping thing (I have not camped since a kid-military don't count, as we were based in Mash style tents) this year. If it isn't a PITA, I will do more motorcycle camping this year.

I will be in Stecoah the same weekend, just staying at The Iron Horse, with the Vstrom Bunch. I have been helping put that Rally on since around 2012, so my allegiance needs to stay 1 mile away from The Kickstand, but...........I'm bringing my NC700X to the Vstrom Rally (of course!!!), and will ride over to meet you guys in the mornings and/or evenings (hopefully)......or, y'all ride over to the IH and hangout too. We have a planned Group Ride to the Wheels Thru Time Museum in Maggie Valley on Saturday, if anyone wants to join us. We don't care what kind of bike you ride. Hot Dog cookout on the grounds of the Museum with cold beverages and chips........at no costs to attendees. We did it last year and 12 of us had an exceptional time.
Not taking away from this NC700X Gathering at all, just adding info and invites. Sometimes, smaller group get-togethers work better than larger ones. See ya in 4 weeks!!!!

Back