• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kickstand Number 9 in the Land of the Dragon

Couple of years ago we had to help a V-strom rider with a dead battery. Gave him a ride to get new juice. He was up at the diner in stecoah when his battery gave up the ghost.

I will be riding over to Maggie Valley on Saturday. Haven't decided on the wheels thru time yet (not a big museum kind of guy). Just emailed Mo to reserve a bed in the bunkhouse for Thursday thru Saturday nights. Was planning on try the camping thing, but only $2 more per night not to have to worry about sitting up/tearing down camping gear (and I remembered last year it was raining fairly decent on Sunday morning).

I hope you guys have a big time. Post lots of pics and tell us all the lies and adventures. Say hi to Mo for me. And if anyone wants to send me a sticker, I'll gladly accept it.
See the Cardio Electro Physiologist next week. Hoping for some magic hands.

Bobby confirmed electric “RV” site at Kickstand for Thursday. I’ll be in the area a few days prior to that, but at a different campground. If anyone else is arriving early in the week, give me a shout.

I should be arriving in Stecoah early Thursday AM........towing up (bike, plus rally stuff for the vstrom rally), just around the corner at The Iron Horse Lodge/Campground that same weekend.......I know, I feel like a "traitor". We should have lots of company on the roads, so watch your back out there.....!!!!!

•May 16-20 ZDayZ (I've seen more than one ZCar end up in the ditch during their rallies......) They usually stay at Fontanna Village Resort......ride by there, huge event!!
•May 12-13 Annual Elements on the Dragon - open to all Honda Element owners. (they tend to travel in packs, drafting each other in the curves)
•May 13-19 Deals Fap 3 (no idea???)
•May 16-20 Blue Mustang Registry
•May 19 Subaru Foresters
•May 19 - May 20 · Chase The Dragon Hill Climb Joyce Kilmer Forest Rd, Robbinsville, NC

See you guys in two weeks!!!!!
mark444

Bobby confirmed electric “RV” site at Kickstand for Thursday. I’ll be in the area a few days prior to that, but at a different campground. If anyone else is arriving early in the week, give me a shout.

The three of us with trailer plan to arrive Thursday afternoon for another of the "RV" sites. Long trip from West Central FL. Not sure which O-Dark hour we will leave.

ERROR!!!ERROR.

We plan to arrive late Wednesday.

Last edited:
I should be arriving in Stecoah early Thursday AM........towing up (bike, plus rally stuff for the vstrom rally), just around the corner at The Iron Horse Lodge/Campground that same weekend.......I know, I feel like a "traitor". We should have lots of company on the roads, so watch your back out there.....!!!!!

•May 16-20 ZDayZ (I've seen more than one ZCar end up in the ditch during their rallies......) They usually stay at Fontanna Village Resort......ride by there, huge event!!
•May 12-13 Annual Elements on the Dragon - open to all Honda Element owners. (they tend to travel in packs, drafting each other in the curves)
•May 13-19 Deals Fap 3 (no idea???)
•May 16-20 Blue Mustang Registry
•May 19 Subaru Foresters
•May 19 - May 20 · Chase The Dragon Hill Climb Joyce Kilmer Forest Rd, Robbinsville, NC

See you guys in two weeks!!!!!
mark444

There is also 17th Rick's Eastern Rendezvous staging out of Murphy NC the same weekend. Could be hundreds of dual sport riders in the area also...

I’ve done KSL this same week in May twice before, and it doesn’t seem any more crowded that week than other times I’ve been in the area. The actual Kickstand Lodge was pretty quiet (except for the bullfrog serenade).

Good of you to make it Gaberloonzie.
Looks like Friday would be the day to slay the Dragon.
I hope I'll have tent setup by Thu and ride it Friday morning.
Saturday, I am escaping to the FS roads and ride the Citico Creek area and so some of the Cherohala Pkwy.
Let's call it Citico Creek 150 (about 150 miles of which at least 100 miles is gravel).
Citico Loop150 on gpx2kml.com - Free online gpx to kml converter

Last edited:
I wish I could make it this weekend. Only because of a funeral (RIP Kreis Wiegel) last Saturday in Knoxville was I able to get a couple days in N GA and TN last weekend. I was surprised at how few bikes I saw out and about despite the great weather.

I wish I could make it this weekend. Only because of a funeral (RIP Kreis Wiegel) last Saturday in Knoxville was I able to get a couple days in N GA and TN last weekend. I was surprised at how few bikes I saw out and about despite the great weather.

Great weather there, but rest of the Midwest was socked in by rain (record rainfall in some parts). We got 3" of rain on Saturday alone....Sorry for loss of your friend.
T-7 days until I head to KSL....

I finally cleared things and I’m set to join the group. I plan to arrive at the Kickstand Lodge on Tuesday (trailering from Wisconsin) for some riding before the weekend. I need to leave early on Saturday.

Back