• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event

NC DCT will ride normally without the abs working. The problem may be that the dct needs to know speed for shifting. Wonder if it would have worked in manual mode? Still needs to know when coming to stop even in manual to shift to neutral....

Ahh.

NC DCT will ride normally without the abs working. The problem may be that the dct needs to know speed for shifting. Wonder if it would have worked in manual mode? Still needs to know when coming to stop even in manual to shift to neutral....

My memory is fuzzy, but I seem to remember early issues with dynamometer testing of the, then new, NC700X DCT. During the dyno run, the front wheel wasn’t spinning, and as a result the transmission wouldn’t shift out of first gear. DCTFAN’s Africa Twin trouble seemed similar to this except that his bike wasn’t sensing the rear wheel spinning.

While experiencing the trouble, I think DCTFAN tried disabling the rear ABS, which supposedly can be done on the AT, but I don’t know if he tried manual transmission mode.

Last edited:
It was thinking my rear was in the air.
I agree with everything 670cc said.
Doesn't make much sense on a Around The World capable bike.
But beggars can't be choosers- it's still my favorite tranny [emoji16]

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Tried everything.
The clutch disengaged no matter what I did.
And it didn't allow changing mode to sport either.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

My memory is fuzzy, but I seem to remember early issues with dynamometer testing of the, then new, NC700X DCT. During the dyno run, the front wheel wasn’t spinning, and as a result the transmission wouldn’t shift out of first gear. DCTFAN’s Africa Twin trouble seemed similar to this except that his bike wasn’t sensing the rear wheel spinning.

While experiencing the trouble, I think DCTFAN tried disabling the rear ABS, which supposedly can be done on the AT, but I don’t know if he tried manual transmission mode.
My Fuzzy memory remembers something about that too but people have figured out how to generate an abs error code to disable it for off road. It may be the speed sensing the dct needs to shift not abs working. Is the rear wheel abs and speed sensor from same ring?

My Fuzzy memory remembers something about that too but people have figured out how to generate an abs error code to disable it for off road. It may be the speed sensing the dct needs to shift not abs working. Is the rear wheel abs and speed sensor from same ring?
Yup. Same sensor.
That's why the traction control was offline, also.
What complicated the problem with the malfunctioning ABS system was that I started
a clutch re-init that did not finish. There is a reason that the manual states not to start the initialize procedure with
DTC in memory (had forgotten about that)
So on the dash, the 'D and S' indicators were lit up throughout the recovery ride (the one where I had to restart the engine every minute)
Another interesting fact is that the first day before I put the spacer back in, we rode pavement with @therapy & Sons.
I was able to disable the traction control and shift normally.

Yup. Same sensor.
That's why the traction control was offline, also.
What complicated the problem with the malfunctioning ABS system was that I started
a clutch re-init that did not finish. There is a reason that the manual states not to start the initialize procedure with
DTC in memory (had forgotten about that)
So on the dash, the 'D and S' indicators were lit up throughout the recovery ride (the one where I had to restart the engine every minute)
Another interesting fact is that the first day before I put the spacer back in, we rode pavement with @therapy & Sons.
I was able to disable the traction control and shift normally.

check you PM'S

Sights on today's ride: sorry couldnt get the bike down..it is not a goat..
e139d7400bba43e3ef3cd37dfe3d4bf1.jpg
cb2e5b87ab356287e59ad8dfbefe6182.jpg
bb8ec66ae43d32f3bec7386ffc47115e.jpg
def181b6bb8d7a01e5cbc453fef56cb5.jpg
295277e4c20b1c3f040405c33a8da203.jpg
358c27be2dd4661bc064434535e1d259.jpg
cf4e12bbb6c9d380ccef57f94155156e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

what is the name of this waterfall?

Back