• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event

OK, I know that route well. Please forgive me for sounding like I'm complaining, but on N. River Road, I spend most of my time dodging potholes made from all the car traffic, and the last time I was on 81 (Big Santeelah) on the NC700, I barely averaged 10 mph because they had put down a deep, loose layer of round, golf ball sized gravel. I LOVE most all the gravel roads in the Cherohala area that are off the beaten path, like Old Furnace, Davis Creek, Wildcat, Bald River, Citico, Cold Spring, etc, but I'd avoid the gravelhala if I had a choice. And near the top of my favorites list might be Sycamore Trail, up to the high grassy meadow. Awesome.

These pics will get you anxious for spring!

With a bike like that, sure. Remind me to get a Honda XL and bring it along.:)

I am going to cancel everything and make this, although I'll be riding my AT.
My FS/trail checklist around Stecoah/Nantahalla is almost complete, but there is more, i"m sure

Just giving this a bump.
Haven't set up a sign up sheet. Hope some of you will decide to come on up and join us. I good time is usually had by all.

I plan on arriving on the 15th with some local riders. See ya there.

I’m staying over by the Cherohala Skyway the first half of the week, then moving camp over to Kickstand on Thursday. There are more forest roads to ride and probably less congestion in the Cherohala forest area. I didn’t figure anyone would be at Kickstand on Wednesday.

Bringing the dual sport.

Last edited:
I am planning on arriving Wednesday afternoon this year..Deckyon is going to a different meet over by Murphy and I am going to ride with him (he usually finds some great roads to ride on the way down, hehehe). Reminds me I have to put in for vacation days and call Mo...(if they are setup yet).

Edit: vacation approved (yahoo.....), emailed Mo to reserve bed in bunkhouse for 4 nights (double yahoo)...now 4 weeks hurry up....

2nd Edit: just got an email from Bobby,,,bunkhouse bed reserved.....yippee......

Last edited:
If the goal is riding dirt, its actually better to stay over at Tellico Plains...however, I Like Mo.
Anyway, my plans are to ride more dirt this year...but plans usually change.

Now that my annual Arkansas trip is no more (which always conflicted with this) I'd really like to try to make this... been wanting to go to this for a long time and meet all of you (I know a few already from HU events)

Mo says hi [emoji3]
d2a5f497779695459aabeccb031ffaba.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Hey all. I am "planning" on riding the Dragon and Cherohala on Friday next week. Anyone feel like meeting up in Robbinsville an riding one of the 2?

Route subject to change.
Furkot | RDV 2019 - Day 2 - Cherohala/Dragon

I'm going to have to pull the plug on my attendance because of health issues. Just had another AFIB attack and thats the third since February. My meds were changed last week and I feel like crap.
I've decided to stay home until I have this under better control. Not real big on passing out while riding the dragon.You guys have fun. Say hi to Mo for me.

I'm going to have to pull the plug on my attendance because of health issues. Just had another AFIB attack and thats the third since February. My meds were changed last week and I feel like crap.
I've decided to stay home until I have this under better control. Not real big on passing out while riding the dragon.You guys have fun. Say hi to Mo for me.

Sorry to hear that Dale....my brother has been living with AFIB for about 5 years now; the doctors tried to do the ablation (punctured his heart and had to have emergency open heart surgery in the cath lab) and he wont go thru that again, the meds dont work, pace maker not an option (he is also an epileptic)...feel for you brother...be safe, and take care of yourself...

Regretting my not being able to join ya’s. I’m plugged in to attending Overland Expo West in Flagstaff that weekend, hoping to get ideas and discounts for stuff as I’m rehabbing my class b camper van RV.

EDD7BB84-0804-4FA1-A08E-980EBEFEA993.jpg

Maybe this fall can work for me, miss the lies told in the Taj Mahal during miller times. Enjoy!

Ray

Hey all. I am "planning" on riding the Dragon and Cherohala on Friday next week. Anyone feel like meeting up in Robbinsville an riding one of the 2?

Route subject to change.
Furkot | RDV 2019 - Day 2 - Cherohala/Dragon

We (the two boys and I) will probably do the Dragon first thing on Friday, so sure. Don't want to slow anyone down though. We tend to do that since we never have to turn and lean at the same time in FL.

Back