• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event

I have had problems with scheduling and website connection. REALLY WANT to meet you guys. If I come late and stay til Tuesday will anyone be around to ride with? I cannot leave here (7 hours away) until Saturday. I'm a newbie to this run and a little nervous about doing it alone. I have street tires, so will likely stay clear of dirt/gravel roads.

I have had problems with scheduling and website connection. REALLY WANT to meet you guys. If I come late and stay til Tuesday will anyone be around to ride with? I cannot leave here (7 hours away) until Saturday. I'm a newbie to this run and a little nervous about doing it alone. I have street tires, so will likely stay clear of dirt/gravel roads.

If you are staying on pavement then nothing to be concerned about if you ride your own ride. Dragon is 11 intense miles but just a series of turns on a slight grade. Wait until Monday to ride it so it won't be busy. Lots of fun roads. For my money 28 from campground to deals gap is a more fun ride than dragon. Make sure you ride the Cherohala to Tellico Plains. A circle to Franklin with Wayah road one way and 28 the other is great. All good paved roads, just watch for gravel on the road from trailer getting off pavement in turns or washed off side roads in rain.

PS. Noticed the locations in your info. 20-25 years ago I spent a lot of time in the area traveling from Arkansas for working Weyerhaeuser sawmills.

Last edited:
A couple of pictures from today's ride up on foothill parkway after we did the Dragon
bc96fb96a36f63359968c0bd0139e1ed.jpg
3474b2c38047f02e5e14c7ebccb23d97.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Had the parkway all to myself [emoji3]
Day started with the return trip home to get a wheel spacer I forgot to put in yesterday after swapping my rims. Got to ride from 8:30AM to 7:30 today with unexpected lunch at home. Too bad it was all twisty pavement.
Got the bike sorted now.
ef52c9ba7d687c83c882117796bdc356.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

This week at KSL: Withholding the names to protect the victims, rider A got his bike towed back to Kickstand Lodge, while rider B got his person towed to the ER after a brief off-highway excursion is that went awry. Fortunately, both the bikes and the person will be fine. In addition, riders A and C got lost deep into the forest and the mud before having the sense to turn back to civilization. All in all, it’s been a most interesting week!

The NightHawk, NC700, and miscellaneous bikes group attendance I’d estimate to be around 16 riders.

066A77CB-E87D-4FB8-BE10-1A2353C95C29.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I had the bike sorted but after some interesting off road excursion in the Snowbird Mountain area it quit shifting (DCT). Hobbled out of the Nantahala Forest in first gear where I could get help to return to KSL
ab3371eebba52734d8e66a5c60c51daa.jpg

Bike trip turned into a van ride home.
8a91f3f4f703e5b19da6abbcd99a9280.jpg

Last edited:
Full moon over the mountain from KSL X at 6AM
See you guys next time [emoji16]
d53009ade7a5e7d229be8f832cba5fb1.jpg

I thought I had the bike sorted but after some interesting off road excursion in the Snowbird Mountain area it quit shifting (DCT). Hobbled out of the Nantahala Forest in first gear where I could get help to return to KSL
ab3371eebba52734d8e66a5c60c51daa.jpg

Bike trip turned into a van ride home.
8a91f3f4f703e5b19da6abbcd99a9280.jpg

Hope you’ll let us know what was wrong with ‘er. Hate to see that happen on a trip. :(

Just made it home. I-75 N was a mess. Took 25 in Corbin. Started sprinkling just as I pulled into the drive way. A great shakedown cruise for the Wing.

It was nice seeing some of you on the road, even if only briefly. Sounds like you guys had a blast! Wish I could have gotten everyone running earlier on Thursday to meet up with you at the Dragon. I didn't plan on having 5 others riding with me.

And the weather this past weekend! Man, someone pulled a major favor for that! Only had about 5 minutes of drizzle coming back from Maggie Valley on Friday, dry the rest. At least until I hit Mt. Washington, KY (20 miles from home) where it was a thunderstorm until I got home. Still dry, but had to hang the riding gear to dry up. Laundry day today.

Back