• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kids and Riding Gear

Agent

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My life turned upside down over Thanksgiving a few months ago. I got married to a smoking hot redhead who came complete with a buck wild 7 year old little girl. I've now got two women in my life and I love them more than anything else.

For Mrs. Agent, I can find appropriate riding gear, but for the young one...it's a different story. I have searched online and found very few options for kid sized gear. I found boots, helmets, and gloves, but that's about it. TourMaster has the Jett 3 jacket in youth sizes, but most everything else is geared toward dirtbike and offroad riding. It seems to me that if I wear a jacket and pants, my kid probably should too.

Does anyone have any experience in this area? Where should I start to look? Would a used jacket/pants/chaps/etc. be a safe option? I know to get a new helmet, but what of the other stuff that she'll outgrow in a week or two?

An article about riding on the road with your children.

Kid's Motorcycle Gear - BikeBandit.com

Harley Davidson does sell a lot of children clothing for on road riding.

I had 4 kids, 6 grandchildren, and one great grandchild that road when young. Seems like the kids clothing keeps getting past down from one generation to the next.

Last edited:
Definitely go used for everything but the helmet. I've heard a youth size bmw suit referenced by someone whose son was riding at a young age, but not sure what size when he started. Most of the youth dirt gear I've seen would not do well on road, there's plenty of armor but little to no abrasion resistance. Good luck - I'll be in a similar position in 4-5 years. Ditto about checking state laws, here in California it's when they can reach the pegs and fit a DOT helmet, but some states are 8 years or older.

I have been looking at a jacket for my 6 year old son. I am thinking about buying this one on Ebay. Search "NC1 Jacket" ( I tried posting the link but I don't know what I am doing wrong). His birthday is coming up in April and we are going to get him a full set of riding gear.

I bought his helmet from a harley dealership last year before I had a bike so he could ride with my neighbor on the back of his ultra classic.

I have also been thinking about buying a harness search "moto-grip", it is a pretty expensive bit of kit but I think it will be well worth it. He has only done two short rides with me so far and I don't feel good about it. I am ATGATT but my kid is on the back with only a helmet. I wear the First Gear Kilimanjaro Jacket and the waste strap makes a great place for him to hold on to, but I know the harness will be safer.

Joe

I have been looking at a jacket for my 6 year old son. I am thinking about buying this one on Ebay. Search "NC1 Jacket" ( I tried posting the link but I don't know what I am doing wrong). His birthday is coming up in April and we are going to get him a full set of riding gear.

I bought his helmet from a harley dealership last year before I had a bike so he could ride with my neighbor on the back of his ultra classic.

I have also been thinking about buying a harness search "moto-grip", it is a pretty expensive bit of kit but I think it will be well worth it. He has only done two short rides with me so far and I don't feel good about it. I am ATGATT but my kid is on the back with only a helmet. I wear the First Gear Kilimanjaro Jacket and the waste strap makes a great place for him to hold on to, but I know the harness will be safer.

Joe

Here is the link: NC1 Junior Series Kids Codura Motorcycle Jacket with CE Body Armor Street Bike | eBay

The NC1 Jacket sure does look like what I'm looking for. We'll definitely keep that in mind when the weather warms up. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll also keep my mind open for some used gear as well.

As for the picture...
Me and Mrs Me.jpg

Back