• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Knight Design 1-1/4 inch Lowered Wide Front Foot Peg - Unboxing and Installation

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazon.com: Knight Design 1-1/4 inch Lowered Wide Front Foot Peg Pair for Honda NC700X, NC700XD, Hunter wide traction tread, black anodized: Automotive

Disclaimer - bought these off of a fellow rider who didn't care for them.

I wanted pegs that were lower and these looked to be high quality and got good reviews on Amazon, so I lowballed and he sold them.

Pros
- Super easy to install - 5 minutes a side
- Very well constructed. These will last forever.
- They do lower the pegs well over an inch which to me, was noticeable.
- If you ever off-road, you can stand on these and be super stable and you will never slip off of them.
- (see third "con") When I move my feet to where I am riding center-shoe, it is like having floorboards. Some will love this, others will not. I am ok - it is like having highway pegs.

Cons
- The are large and noticeable.
- While they do lower the pegs as wished, they also widen them a 1/2" as the extra metal needed to support the lowering is felt.
- I find that when I ride on my toes, I am on the leading edge of the pegs - they grip fine, but I can tell.
- They stick out father and thus you catch them a bit when pushing the bike around with your feet.
- They are EXPENSIVE new!

Bottom line - you can not get better quality pegs, but you need to want what they offer... I am goin to leave them on for a while. I think they are keepers, but I want to do a 300 mile day with them to be sure. Here are some photos:

IMG_5477.JPGIMG_5480.jpgIMG_5476.JPGIMG_5479.JPGIMG_5482.jpgIMG_5478.JPGIMG_5481.jpg[

Last edited:
Dang, those look nice!! But dang, those are indeed expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally the opposite here. I'm from Seattle, wife, so cal. She wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look pretty good. I just bought a set of the narrower ones with the sidetracks pattern and slapped them on the bike tonight. I have a 36" inseam and I am after all the leg room I can get. These Knight Design pegs are high quality, but they are expensive for what they are. The narrower ones are supposed to drop the foot position by 1 3/8" so I went with the narrow ones for the maximum legroom.

The one downside I would add is that they don't have the touch down/drag warning peg/pin on the bottom of them like the stock pegs so if you are a person who rides hard and push the lean angles you won't get a warning before you are dragging the actual foot pegs.

I did get the leg room I was looking for. I just added some padding, sheepskin, and a bead rider to my stock seat earlier this week and that leveled out the seat and raised me up an inch and made the seat far more comfortable. Now with the lowering of the pegs by an inch my legs are finally at a more comfortable angle. This should hold me over until my new seat is built.

Now I just need to get the brake and shifter adjustment figured out and I think I will finally be in a comfortable seating position.

Now I just need to get the brake and shifter adjustment figured out and I think I will finally be in a comfortable seating position.

I have a DCT, so I only needed to adjust the rear brake and the user manual included with the bike address that, but if I can answer any questions, happy to help...

Anything's probably better than the stock pegs in the rain (something about cold wet rubber on rubber doesn't seem like a good idea to me...), but I'd have to get something smaller. Looks good despite the chunkiness, though. ;)

I have a DCT, so I only needed to adjust the rear brake and the user manual included with the bike address that, but if I can answer any questions, happy to help...

Thanks for mentioning the manual. My bike didn't come with one, but I just found the PDF's online for it. So I will check that out and see if I can get this adjusted. I will post some pics in case anyone wants to see what these look like.

Rear Brake Adjustment: In typical Honda, let's hide it fashion, the brake linkage is behind the foot peg bracket, and much easier to adjust by taking off the muffler (2 bolts). The brake light switch also has to be adjusted to the light goes on and off correctly.

Broke a peg when wind blew my bike over in January. Finally got these installed yesterday (yes no riding since January as no days off since then). Today fixed other issues from drop.I'll try them out tomorrow.

Biggest problem I had that made me return to stock pegs is the inability to run your foot up flush/inboard with the bike chassis.

Back