• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kriega Opinions?

I have both the Kriega US20 (which by the way can be easily used as a tank bag on the NC by dropping the straps into the trunk and closing the lid) and the r30 backpack. My opinion, you get what you pay for. These are very expensive in my opinion and worth every penny. Just how modular everything is and how well it works. For example, you can take a r35 and a us20 and combine them. You can either mount the us20 on top of the r30, or in the middle or at the bottom.

I'm thinking of actually getting another us20 once winter ends.

Very solid build quality and function. The only downside is the price.

Cheers.

Attachments

• DSC_00915.jpg
    DSC_00915.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
Seem a bit small to me, assuming the numbers refer to liter capacities. Maybe not. Anyway, I use a 50 liter Kappa dry bag for camping trips. I think the super sale price was $36, although it's usually around $67.

OK... I congratulate you for being able to afford bags like that... Well done.

I'm merely suggesting that one could duplicate the utility, pretty closely, by shopping around some.

I am shopping around, which is why I am wanting opinions on these bags. It isn't a matter of "being able to afford bags like that". I would rather buy a quality item once, rather than a crappy item over and over and over. If I have to save a little extra for a little longer, I am OK with that.

Couple guys in a group where I live suggested them and they have had them upwards of 10 years. My ultimate plan is to get saddle bags as well as a trunk box, but for just a weekend, I don't need that much, not much more than what a backpack would handle.

This is my shopping around.

I appreciate the answers.

I am shopping around, which is why I am wanting opinions on these bags. It isn't a matter of "being able to afford bags like that". I would rather buy a quality item once, rather than a crappy item over and over and over. If I have to save a little extra for a little longer, I am OK with that.

Couple guys in a group where I live suggested them and they have had them upwards of 10 years. My ultimate plan is to get saddle bags as well as a trunk box, but for just a weekend, I don't need that much, not much more than what a backpack would handle.

This is my shopping around.

I appreciate the answers.

Good show ;) Everything is a waste, or it costs too much, or why do you want that, to someone eventually. Nothing wrong with anybody's final choices; but sorry, personally I'm not going to use plywood and wood screws to bolt down a yellow milk crate to my bike, or use a giant green garbage bag to waterproof an army surplus duffle from WWII, just because it's more cost efficient. If that is literally all someone can afford, then more power to them! Whatever it takes to make you happy, thumb your nose at the naysayers, and don't look back.

I'm willing to bet I have far, far, less income than the vast majority of members here. I'm as far from being a rich guy with swimming pools of Scrooge McDuck money as one can be, but *shrug* if I want Trax powder coated black metal luggage boxes, or a 1K rear shock absorber, and it means eating cup o' noodles for dinner for a few months, scrimping on other things and much belt tightening, well, so be it. It's entirely probable a lot of people spend their money on common family oriented stuff *I* would be wide eyed at, thinking: "what a waste of perfectly good motorcycle farkle money!"

Kriega bags have a seemingly very good rep, and the quality looks very nice. Sure, if I could find an identical item for a substantial savings, I might go for that instead, but sometimes I simply don't care. I want what I want. End of story.

That's my view of the world. :D

Got the Kriega R20 backpack. Man, less than 5 minutes fiddling with the buckles and straps, I got it to fit perfectly with my other gear on. Loaded it up, took a ride and it was just like I didn't have anything on.

Worth every penny! I will be adding their hydration pack next, with my next paycheck. Also, will be adding the US-5 as an electronic pack (extra batteries and chargers and cables for my phone and GoPro.)

Last edited:
I have the r20 as well and use it almost always when on the CBR. I would definitely recommend it. I don't think it's overpriced either, it's made with solid materials and it's put together well. I can't speak for any other backpack other than the 15 year old jansport that served me well enough but the Kriega totally blows it away. I also do a lot of research before investing in anything of substance, I suggest you go to Revzilla and read the reviews there like I did.

On another note, the model I have isn't waterproof just a bit water resistant. If it matters to you it may be something to consider. I've never had a problem being out in the rain myself but it may be worth your consideration if traveling with sensitive electronics. I do hear putting a garbage bag over an army surplus duffle from WWII works just as well...

Last edited:
The US-5 is a dry pack, that is where I would be putting that stuff. Right now I have it all in a small ziplock that goes in the frunk and fits in the helmet when I stop.

I looked at, bought and sent back, other bags before pulling the trigger on this one. Glad I did.

I have the r20 as well and use it almost always when on the CBR. I would definitely recommend it. I don't think it's overpriced either, it's made with solid materials and it's put together well. I can't speak for any other backpack other than the 15 year old jansport that served me well enough but the Kriega totally blows it away. I also do a lot of research before investing in anything of substance, I suggest you go to Revzilla and read the reviews there like I did.

On another note, the model I have isn't waterproof just a bit water resistant. If it matters to you it may be something to consider. I've never had a problem being out in the rain myself but it may be worth your consideration if traveling with sensitive electronics. I do hear putting a garbage bag over an army surplus duffle from WWII works just as well...

When in the service I scrimped and saved and waited until I could get a standard wing with no bags. In 84 not much around but JC Whitney and Vetter. Couldn't afford that and a bike so my Sea Bag with a black garbage bag across the luggage rack and some cheap duffle bags on the sides with the white kitchen garbage bags worked for MANY a mile. saw northern CA. Oregon Nevada and Utah with that set up. it works. LOL, just put the bags on the inside to protect them so they don't rip!

I have the kriega US-5 drybag to hold my tire plugs, small compressor, head lamp, leatherman tool, tire pressure gauge and it fits perfectly above the tailight strapped to my topcase rack. Completely waterproof and it straps up nice and tight to the NC.

I have both the US 5 and 10. Excellent bags that fit well on rear seat

With all due respect, those are both over priced.

I agree. I had the US-20 for about 3 days before sending it back. Didn't like the mounting straps. Didn't like the fit on my bike. Didn't like all the unfolding to get inside the bag. For me...the bag was not near worth what it cost. Went with a much cheaper Firstgear dry bag and have no complaints.

http://www.firstgear-usa.com/luggage.html

Last edited:
So far, it has been great. Loaded it up and went on short ride. Camelback fits easily in the back and works the same as if it were in the small camelback pack I wear hiking. I am getting the US-5 for small tools and such and some extra batteries for the phone and such. Zips up nicely and fits me great, and I am not a small guy.

Back