• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Laam Seats

Mind if I ask you your height and inseam? That seat looks like it was built for someone with long arms and maybe a 34” inseam.
It looks like a more padded version of my (slightly modified) Russel's Day Long saddle.

If I didn't have the Russel's Day Long then I think my choice would be the LAAM.

I trimmed the "wings" on the Russel by about 1/2 inch on each side, made a world of difference for me. Added a 1/2" of memory foam to the padding. That had less effect on the seat feel, which was already very good, very ergonomically shaped. The LAAM looks like my modified Russel, but probably has a bit more outside/perimeter buttocks support. I'd guess that works just fine for a 33 or longer inseam.

It looks like a more padded version of my (slightly modified) Russel's Day Long saddle.

If I didn't have the Russel's Day Long then I think my choice would be the LAAM.

I trimmed the "wings" on the Russel by about 1/2 inch on each side, made a world of difference for me. Added a 1/2" of memory foam to the padding. That had less effect on the seat feel, which was already very good, very ergonomically shaped. The LAAM looks like my modified Russel, but probably has a bit more outside/perimeter buttocks support. I'd guess that works just fine for a 33 or longer inseam.
Laam used to work for Russel as far as I know so that is probably where the similarities come from.

All are great looking seats. I have a greatly used Corbin I will be selling and a gently used Sargent as well. Though I might just keep the Corbin and try and modify it like Bob did, I certainly couldn’t mess up the old Corbin haha.

Now I wish I hadn’t sold my stock seat so now ill have to find another seat pan for Laam to use if I end up going that way. :{)

168F74DC-4836-40D7-86D8-A19103A816D7.jpeg113C882A-E96B-47EE-A5DE-2BE0C9E9FCA6.jpeg90585ACB-5563-4C6D-8DF7-6447618388FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MZ5
From the LAAM website (again he only responds to cell phone calls)
Can you build on a aftermarket seat or seat pan?
Yes, we will redo other seat manufacture's seats to better fit you. We often add a small charge on Corbin seats when they are redone at our shop, due to the extra time and cost in drilling and re-riveting the seat pan. Please contact us for pricing for the additional work.

Curious how everyone is making out with their Laam seats. It is between them and Corbin for me. I'm not a fan of the Seat Concepts product for the bike.

Curious how everyone is making out with their Laam seats. It is between them and Corbin for me. I'm not a fan of the Seat Concepts product for the bike.

I'd like to hear these reports, too (thanks, TNHoosier!).

That said, unless a Laam seat is very considerably different from what I thought, it should be a rather different product altogether from a Corbin. Corbins are made of concrete, LOL! (I've had multiple over time) but Laam seats I thought were supposed to be not nearly so hard a foam. Am I misinformed?

Just wanted to comment on the off chance that either you or I have incomplete information about the comparison.

I'd like to hear these reports, too (thanks, TNHoosier!).

That said, unless a Laam seat is very considerably different from what I thought, it should be a rather different product altogether from a Corbin. Corbins are made of concrete, LOL! (I've had multiple over time) but Laam seats I thought were supposed to be not nearly so hard a foam. Am I misinformed?

Just wanted to comment on the off chance that either you or I have incomplete information about the comparison.
Corbin seats are no doubt firm but I do find them very comfortable. That said, I like exploring with popular products. Plus, Laam is a bit cheaper.

Reactions: MZ5
Before my Laam seat(s) the most limiting factor to riding more than 2 hours was the seat. I asked Seth to redo the saddle for riding positioning mainly, and had him add some cushioning for the pillion seat. In addition I asked him to build up the front of the pillion seat just a little to form a little lumbar support for me.
The Laam seat It was immediately more comfortable and allowed for longer more comfortable rides. After about 3 months I got on the bike and thought I needed air in my tires so I rechecked but it was not the case, I got the feeling that I just sank in the seat - it just was that more comfortable and has been since then. I don't give the seat a second thought anymore.
My subjective opinion, YMMV.

Where is the best place to source those?
I had Seth Laam redo both the saddle and pillion seat for me a little more than 1 year ago. His work continues to make my long rides (>2 hours) more comfortable than it ever was on the OEM seat. He has a page on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/laamcustomseats) that shows examples of his work. Unless things have changed it is best to call his phone number (530) 351-5643 towards the end of the day (Pacific time)

I was unaware of Laam seats. Now I want one. I can’t afford one (although his prices are quite good, it’s my broke-ness that’s the issue). I will certainly be suggesting him to customers.

Back