• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

laminar lip fir nc700

I've used a Laminar Lip on several different bikes but this one is completely different and could more accurately be called an "extension."

The original Laminar Lip was only about 5" tall, as wide as the windshield, and attached to the very top of the standard windscreen. The top edge of the Lip had a definite curl that boosted air over your helmet to create a larger still air pocket and it was attached with hook & loop fasteners.

Last edited:
I bought a small adjustable flip up like that. It's made in Germany, I got it on Ebay, I think it was around $75. I don't have any good pics (it's hard to photograph something clear) but I planned on taking some better ones this summer and posting a review. I really like it. Here is the pictures I have.

2014-08-16 19.09.04.jpg2014-08-16 20.00.48.jpg

I bought a small adjustable flip up like that. It's made in Germany, I got it on Ebay, I think it was around $75. I don't have any good pics (it's hard to photograph something clear) but I planned on taking some better ones this summer and posting a review. I really like it. Here is the pictures I have.

not quite the same thing as the laminar lip. based on what i have research, the double blade is suppose to quiet the air that exit the top of the shield in addition to toss the air at a higher level

No one has yet tried the laminar lip on here?

I used one VERY successfully on a previous ride...a 2007 FJR1300.

Of course I cannot say on the smaller NC700 sceen it would be as effective, but I'm likely to try it based on that previous experience.

I haven't used a laminar lip but I and several others in this forum have used others very similar and for the most part gotten very positive results.

I am using a Wunderlich deflector on my Honda Touring screen. I love it! There is also an MRA one and another generic one out there that others are using ...with positive results also.

I did find one person posting that they used a laminar lip in a different thread

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/7416-touring-windshield-performance-vs-cost-benefits.html?highlight=Laminar

I think you will be happy with any of these add on deflectors as they push the wind up and let you adjust it so it will go where you want it... I have mine set to hit right at the top of my helmet where the intake vents are for cooling in the summer.. I need to adjust it now to push it over those vents since it is winter temps...

I use one of those types that has brackets that uses an allen wrench to tighten rubber washers, not sure if it the Laminar brand, but it is adjustable. I've used it on a Ninja 1000 and currently have it on a Strom 1000. I can't tell from the pictures but does this one bolt on and do you have to drill holes in the stock screen?

Back