• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Last ride for 4 months today :-(

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
Per my agreement with my insurance company, only coverage for storage damage starts today.
Gonna give it a good wash and then I'll wheel my NC into the house to spend the winter.

I can't complain. While I waited for winter to break last year, I planned 3 rides/tours, and did all three. I met
three members on this forum at the Southern get-together. Then there's the 10K miles or so spent "staying local".
This year gave me plenty of memories, photos, and videos to relive on the couch while I bide my time.

On tap for 2014: The 18 states in the lower 48 that I haven't been to yet (On the NC). The MotoGP race at Indianapolis again.
I would also like to take part in some charity rides next year. In 2014, I probably won't put as many miles on as this year.
I'm conserving my vacation time for 2015 and a run to the 49th state (and most Canadian Provinces).

As always, my NC will be my daily driver, grocery getter, day rider, weekend camper, long distance tourer, and everything in between.
Until then, I will be riding vicariously through the rest of you's that are fortunate enough not have
the "putting the moto in storage" reality to deal with.

:D

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Mine is a daily rider too and I hate to park it
for any length of time. Spring will be here before you know it!

Although I don't get to ride as much through the winter rains in Oregon (yes I'm a wimp, but if you don't have to ride in the rain why do it?) I would hate to have to put the NC in storage for the winter. Used to live in NW Iowa and didn't like the short golf season. At least you put your winter down time to good use, and then you make up for lost time during your riding season. Plan well and have fun when you pull your bike out in the spring.

Back