• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED brake light?

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys recommend for the brake light replacement. I saw some posts saying it is hard to replace this bulb? What's the secret? Is this an 1157 bulb?

I installed an Admore light bar, but then again I already have LED tail lights on the 2016+ I believe. At any rate, until you get ridiculously silly, more & brighter is always better in terms of visible lighting! This past weekend I was riding at the back of a group of 3 riders. The front rider had old (VFR) standard tail lights while the Sprint in front of me had LED. Huge huge difference. Having LED tail light AND the light bar I'm hopeful that whatever is behind me is getting an eyeful of bright and obvious light!! The light bar I went with also has built-in programmable modulation, progressive indicators and a (mercury switch?) feature that will also flash the light bar brake lights on fast deceleration even if I'm rolling off hard or downshifting without using brakes.

Sorry didn't really answer your questions, but if you're going to be monkeying around back there, might be a perfect time to consider adding at the same time.

What do you guys recommend for the brake light replacement. I saw some posts saying it is hard to replace this bulb? What's the secret? Is this an 1157 bulb?

I've replaced all the incandescent bulbs with LED on the NC700X.

Original conversations may be found [HERE].
(read as much as you can from that set of posts especially how you will get white light on the license plate when you want red light coming out of the tail light....I had to add a white-led visor for the plate to solve that problem.)

I ordered a bulb from "superbrightleds.com". They have live chat to help you select the best bulb.
It was a stupidly difficult to get to the old bulb and replace it.

The NC may be said to be well engineered and easy to work on, and it is, except for replacing the tail light bulb.

Folks who count themselves "handy" with a wrench will not have this same view. I am not one of them.

Adding the chip that flashes the brake light is also a GREAT idea. $30 and easy to install. [HERE]

chip.jpg
Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module with Real-time Brake Force Monitoring.

Last edited:
Sorry that I cannot help with the LED answer...2016 here with LED tail light. But, I did add the Admore light with a decelerometer. I am extremely happy with the results and super easy install. I also added the Skene lights up front. All I can say is that the Skene seems to really work After installing them I have had not one person pull out in front of me at an intersection. I know that this does not necessarily address your question...replacement of the rear with an LED...but I hope that it helps a little bit by offering an addition to the existing light.

The Admore light bar also has a downward facing white LED specifically for the license plate so that covers that issue too. It's configurable so can be turned on/off.

Back