• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help LED Headlight Problem

engenhocas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi.
My 2017 NC 750x have a sad problem...
When i turn the ignition ON the regular lights turn on but the highbeam also turn ON.
In the dash the blue light doesent show but the high light are on.
The switch doesent have any action.
All the conections are ok and clean.
Can i get some help!
What can it be?

Hi.
My 2017 NC 750x have a sad problem...
When i turn the ignition ON the regular lights turn on but the highbeam also turn ON.
In the dash the blue light doesent show but the high light are on.
The switch doesent have any action.
All the conections are ok and clean.
Can i get some help!
What can it be?
Hello Engenhocas. It’s a pretty simple system. I’ve taken a picture of the diagram for you. My first guess is the dimmer switch. But that part confuses me because when the high beam is triggered by the dimmer the leg to the high beam indicator becomes closed and it would illuminate. Any additions to the bike lately?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
I can assume this is an internal short circuit in the electrical circuit of the LED Headlights module. But of course I might be wrong.
It is hard to give any technical advice without seeing the complete wiring diagram.
I suppose the service manual for your model, in the "Lights / Meters / Switches" section, describes how to test the light components.

Yet another reason I think I’ll keep my 2013!
I think the USA NCX went to an LED headlight assembly in 2018. While it is probably a better light than the old incandescent, and should last for the life of the motorcycle, it’s replacement part MSRP is $936.

Hello Engenhocas. It’s a pretty simple system. I’ve taken a picture of the diagram for you. My first guess is the dimmer switch. But that part confuses me because when the high beam is triggered by the dimmer the leg to the high beam indicator becomes closed and it would illuminate. Any additions to the bike lately?
Thanks
can you help me what is the meaning of PO/L and H/L ?

...what is the meaning of PO/L and H/L ?
Most likely Po/L stands for "Position Light" and is found on non-US models.
H/L stands for "Headlight".
If the fault is inside the lamp assembly, it is unlikely to be repairable.
I have just found out that in my new vehicle I may have a similar problem, i.e. in the event of a fault, the entire lamp unit should be replaced - cost about $250 for one, in my case.

Most likely Po/L stands for "Position Light" and is found on non-US models.
H/L stands for "Headlight".
If the fault is inside the lamp assembly, it is unlikely to be repairable.
I have just found out that in my new vehicle I may have a similar problem, i.e. in the event of a fault, the entire lamp unit should be replaced - cost about $250 for one, in my case.
I think you are correct on both. That said, the manual I captured the pic from is a USA manual. The position lights could be those that surround the perimeter of USA bikes with LED assemblies. Purely a guess. I’m shocked at the price that @670cc shared for a replacement. It seems there are some less expensive aftermarket options available though (here in the States). I hope for @engenhocas sake it’s just a bad switch.

Regarding your car headlight, I don’t have a problem with the lights on my Cadillac but many do. The contributors on the Cadillac forum say they’re about 1100 bucks! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by anything anymore.

I think you are correct on both. That said, the manual I captured the pic from is a USA manual. The position lights could be those that surround the perimeter of USA bikes with LED assemblies. Purely a guess. I’m shocked at the price that @670cc shared for a replacement. It seems there are some less expensive aftermarket options available though (here in the States). I hope for @engenhocas sake it’s just a bad switch.

Regarding your car headlight, I don’t have a problem with the lights on my Cadillac but many do. The contributors on the Cadillac forum say they’re about 1100 bucks! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by anything anymore.
hummmm
I tested on the PO/L and i get 12V but on the same time i also have in the H/L

I tested on the PO/L and i get 12V but on the same time i also have in the H/L
That is correct.
You need to analyze the dimmer switch circuit. Its function is different than in previous models. Previously, the dimmer switch would switch the power from the fuse to the H or L segment of the bulb. Now the dimmer switch closes the high beam LED segments circuit to ground.
You should first disconnect the 8P(Bl) LED headlight connector and test the circuit between GND (Bl/G) and DIMMER SW (Bl/Bu). With the dimmer switch in the LO position, the circuit should be open and in the HI position it should be closed (0 Ohms). If this is okay, i.e. the fault is in the LED headlight assembly.

It is not hard to find. It can be hard to find at a lower price.
First you need to find the part number for your model. Then, using an Internet search engine, look for who sells these parts.
I can give you an example and an offer for about half the price from the Japanese Webike.

Capture11 (1024x516).jpg

Capture12 (1024x938).jpg

Capture13 (1024x766).jpg

Attachments

• Capture11.JPG
    Capture11.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture12.JPG
    Capture12.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 0
Have you simply changed the lamp?. I have had the low beam go out and the high beam still work. I have had the high beam go out and low beam still work. On the other bike, I have had both beams go out and the high beam indicator on dash still work.....

Have you simply changed the lamp?. I have had the low beam go out and the high beam still work. I have had the high beam go out and low beam still work. On the other bike, I have had both beams go out and the high beam indicator on dash still work.....
I’m not sure which member or post you are addressing but throughout most of the thread, the discussion revolves around an OEM integrated LED headlight assembly without replaceable lamps.

I’m not sure which member or post you are addressing but throughout most of the thread, the discussion revolves around an OEM integrated LED headlight assembly without replaceable lamps.
Sorry. Didn't realize his bike didn't have replaceable lamps. Didn't realize Honda made a major change in the light assembly.

Back