• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help LED Headlight Problem

USA bikes are halogen in 2017 and HID starting in 2018. Looks like your Portugal 2017 is HID.

LEDs are usually very durable long term. Check out the power to the beam circuits first.
If the headlight assembly is at fault, you may have a warranty claim with Honda. Good luck.

Happy New Year. Blue Skies Green Lights.

USA bikes are halogen in 2017 and HID starting in 2018. Looks like your Portugal 2017 is HID.
I think this information is wrong. I‘m not aware of any model of NCX, even worldwide, supplied from the factory with HID lighting. Can you cite an example of a Honda NC model with OEM HID lighting? For sure the 2018+ North American models are not HID.

Here is a description of HID lighting:
“HID lamps have an arc which passes between two electrodes in a pressurized tube causing various metallic additives to vaporize and release large amounts of light. The electricity first enters through the ballast in the fixture containing an HID lamp. The starter inside the ballast provides the initial high-voltage jolt of electricity, which ignites the HID bulb.”

I think this information is wrong. I‘m not aware of any model of NCX, even worldwide, supplied from the factory with HID lighting. Can you cite an example of a Honda NC model with OEM HID lighting? For sure the 2018+ North American models are not HID.
The 2018 and up US model is LED headlight/tailight. I believe the the turn signals are standard filament.
I upgraded my 2017 to LED with the Auxito brand bulb. Beautiful and very effective improvement. Normally the beam must be lowered to get the cutoff down as to not blind oncoming.
I also have Auxito in my Motus. An LED assembly will bolt onto an earlier NC but the wire harness connector is completely different and WILL NOT work.

Last edited:
The 2021 up are supposed to be led all the way around. I'm not sure that it a good thing judging by the price of a headlight for one.

LED headlights replaced HID with a similar white light. HID used slightly less wattage than halogen but ran 20K volts, which is huge. HID on my PC800 would kill a new battery almost instantly and turn the 3-wire connector spades green.
I bet I had to jump start that bike 50 times+ until I sold it, but put the factory lighting back on long before it went to a new owner. Word was the PC800 wiring harness was a gauge too small from Honda. It kept burning up alternators for many owners.

In the early 90s' while riding down 285 to Hartsfield Airport before daylight, BMW 318 overtook me 2 times in the same week. His HID lit up the whole roadway.
I was astonished. Everybody else was the yellow lighting. I remember that week like it was yesterday. I have LED on my partners' 08 CRV. I LOVE LED.

Don't get me started on my Dewalt 20V Max lithium-ion! I know I got way off track here so bear with me. Modern day lighting has revolutionized that industry. America. I love my country.

Back