• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED Headlight

potter0o

Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the labbyways in 2 of my bikes for 2.5 years or longer. They work. To me, they throw out good light and on- coming cars can see them. They are plug and play.

I've tried many LED brands in my VFR, and almost an equal amount in our CTX. In my opinion all of them improved conspicuity in the daytime. Most of them did not provide an adequate beam pattern and were too bright for oncoming traffic during the night. All had varying degrees of scatter, some less than others. The brand that worked best was NightEye. It performed best in the CTX and the VFR. I think I have one here, unused. I can give it to you for free, just pay for the postage. I'll check today. If shipping from the US is prohibitive, my wife is going to Toronto to visit family soon and she can drop in in the post then if everything lines up. I'll take a look now.

Edit

Different design than the brand you’re looking at. Unsure if you have the clearance required to accommodate the sink. image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried many LED brands in my VFR, and almost an equal amount in our CTX. In my opinion all of them improved conspicuity in the daytime. Most of them did not provide an adequate beam pattern and were too bright for oncoming traffic during the night. All had varying degrees of scatter, some less than others. The brand that worked best was NightEye. It performed best in the CTX and the VFR. I think I have one here, unused. I can give it to you for free, just pay for the postage. I'll check today. If shipping from the US is prohibitive, my wife is going to Toronto to visit family soon and she can drop in in the post then if everything lines up. I'll take a look now.

Edit

Different design than the brand you’re looking at. Unsure if you have the clearance required to accommodate the sink. View attachment 50607View attachment 50608
I'm in for this deal!

So glad to hear from you post Ian.

I have no experience with the listed LED models, but I was making observations and comparisons. The linked Amazon units are 1600 lumens, 15 watts. The box for mzflorida’s model says 25 watts, 8000lm Hight Definition (???). 8000 is way more than 1600, but what is Hight Definition? I looked up the word “hight” but it’s meaning doesn’t seem relevant to lighting products.

E6CE4D21-88EC-4F98-AB8A-E28BCCB6ECA8.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm in for this deal!

So glad to hear from you post Ian.
The deal for you is different. In person delivery only! Kidding of course. But, it would be great to meet up! Send me your address and I’ll get in the mail this week. @potter0o I have two. The other is reserved for you.

It’s bad down here Dave. West of
41 is indescribable. Elane was volunteering yesterday gutting houses (which I’m not happy about since she just recently finished chemo). Her jaw dropped as she went into the neighborhoods. Hard to imagine it getting rebuilt, but it will.

I have no experience with the listed LED models, but I was making observations. The linked Amazon units are 1600 lumens, 15 watts. The box for mzflorida’s model says 25 watts, 8000lm Hight Definition (???). 8000 is way more than 1600, but what is Hight Definition? I looked up the word “hight” but it’s meaning doesn’t seem relevant to lighting products.

View attachment 50609
I looked up “mode.s” from your post and could find no relevance to any animate or inanimate object. I guess it’s a typo which might occur in any number of circumstances.

I looked up “mode.s” from your post and could find no relevance to any animate or inanimate object. I guess it’s a typo which might occur in any number of circumstances.
Yes, typing on an iPad, my first draft typically has typos. I usually need to go back and fix them, which I try to do diligently, and I have already done so for post #5.

So, do you suggest the box‘s word is a typo? Do you think it means light definition or night definition? Either way, do you think 8000 lumens from 25 watts seems accurate? I don’t know; just asking. It seems out of proportion to the Amazon products linked. If I was comparing to decide on a product, the specs would be important.

Yes, typing on an iPad, my first draft typically has typos. I usually need to go back and fix them, which I try to do diligently, and I have already done so for post #5.

So, do you suggest the box‘s word is a typo? Do you think it means light definition or night definition? Either way, do you think 8000 lumens from 25 watts seems accurate? I don’t know; just asking. It seems out of proportion to the Amazon products linked. If I was comparing to decide on a product, the specs would be important.
Anyone who has a lick of common sense would reasonably infer that the misspelling on the packaging is a typographical error. You called it out. What do you believe it to be? I really cannot understand why you choose to belabor this topic. I never suggested anything other than my willingness to share something, for free, with another contributor here to evaluate on their own. I was satisfied with the product. I can add that other VFR and CTX owners were also satisfied. Perhaps the NC's reflector is similar in design to the CTX and VFR and an owner of an NC may also have acceptable outcomes by installing the light. Pretty simple stuff.

I think you are missing the point that I am sharing something for free. If it works for the recipient, great. If it doesn't, they can pass it on to another or toss it in the trash. Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse?

Anyone who has a lick of common sense would reasonably infer that the misspelling on the packaging is a typographical error. You called it out. What do you believe it to be? I really cannot understand why you choose to belabor this topic. I never suggested anything other than my willingness to share something, for free, with another contributor here to evaluate on their own. I was satisfied with the product. I can add that other VFR and CTX owners were also satisfied. Perhaps the NC's reflector is similar in design to the CTX and VFR and an owner of an NC may also have acceptable outcomes by installing the light. Pretty simple stuff.

I think you are missing the point that I am sharing something for free. If it works for the recipient, great. If it doesn't, they can pass it on to another or toss it in the trash. Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse?
I think you are missing the point of my post #5. The topic of the thread is basically choice of plug and play LED lights. Two Amazon listings were presented. You showed another example of an LED light. I was simply comparing the devices. That you offerred yours for free is nice, but that had nothing to do with my curiosity about different LED light types. I was trying to understand the lumen and wattage differences. ”Hight Definition“ (or possibly night or light definition) expressed as lumens, shown on the product box, was a term I did not understand. I understand light output expressed in lumens, but not hight, light, or night definition expressed as lumens. For all I know it is perhaps some marketing term that describes the effective light output in a certain concentrated beam compared to an omnidirectional source.

This is nothing personal about your post or your offer. When I am in the market for an LED headlight, what I can learn about the lights might be helpful.

Edit

Different design than the brand you’re looking at. Unsure if you have the clearance required to accommodate the sink. View attachment 50607View attachment 50608
Thank you very much for the generous offer.

1665251717399.png
I found these specs Source
1665252197728.png
In my case I think it will not be a good fit. The increased bulb length, larger width dimension of the heat sink and the additional plug I can't see it all fitting.

I very much appreciate the offer. The generosity and kindness of the members who contribute to this forum is humbling.

Thank you very much for the generous offer.

View attachment 50610
I found these specs Source
View attachment 50611
In my case I think it will not be a good fit. The increased bulb length, larger width dimension of the heat sink and the additional plug I can't see it all fitting.

I very much appreciate the offer. The generosity and kindness of the members who contribute to this forum is humbling.
Pleasure. Open offer!

I put one of these in my 2015 DCT back in 2019 and it's still going strong. Plug n' Play.

That looks nice. The listing title says 10,000 lumens, 50watts. I thought, wow! Digging deeper, I see there are two lamps in the package. Actually each lamp alone is 5000 lumens at 25 watts. So for the NC application you’ll have half the light the title suggests, but it‘s still really bright compared to the stock halogen.

That looks nice. The listing title says 10,000 lumens, 50watts. I thought, wow! Digging deeper, I see there are two lamps in the package. Actually each lamp alone is 5000 lumens at 25 watts. So for the NC application you’ll have half the light the title suggests, but it‘s still really bright compared to the stock halogen.
what really drove me to change the headlight was when I installed my LED aux lights. The stock halogen looked like an old candle lantern in comparison ;) The Beamtech was quite bright and an easy install.

Thank everyone for their contribution.

Sylvania Silverstar ZXEHID - Xenon Fueled.jpg
This is a high end halogen: https://www.sylvania-automotive.com...halogen-headlight-bulb-2-pack/9003SZ.PB2.html
I had been getting basic bulbs and wasn't happy with the brightness. I won a gift card and figured I would invest in lighting. The two pack was nearly $90 Canadian. I was happy with the brightness but got about 2 years out of it.

Auxito CSPY19.jpg
Based on this thread I decided to try: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T4H4FR...DE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it#customerReviews I got it through a friends Prime account so it was on sale for$26 Canadian.

It is almost identical in size to the original. The beam pattern is very similar. I like the increased brightness. I am hoping for better longevity. Even if I get the same lifespan out of it I will be happy with the pricing and brightness.

Last edited:
Back