• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How To LED Lighting changes

NICE

I like the Whelen brake light. I have a DOT approved multi-function license plate frame on mine, it meets the BARE MINIMUM for DOT standards for STOP, RUNNING and TURN lights. I have to say that your Whelen is a lot brighter than the DOT minimum standard. In fact my license plate frame is pretty disappointing as far as attention getting for any of its functions. Fortunately it just augments the LED lights I have on my side boxes and the factory HONDA lights so it is pretty much redundant. Your Whelen is attention getting!

FWIW I have my Denali DRL lights switched to the ignition on both mine and my wife's bike. They are set on HIGH all the time. We played with them on low, on high and switching them with the light switch, but because they spread such a wide, non-focused/non-blinding blight to oncoming traffic we ended up leaving them on HIGH all the time.

I was looking into installing a Whelen Micron lighthead instead of the TIR3.
The Micron has 6 high powered LED's instead of the TIR's 3 LED's.
But the Micron was also double the price.
If you think the TIR3 is bright, the Micron would necessitate viewing through welder's glasses during daylight operation to protect against retinal burning.
OK, I'm exaggerating a bit, but the Micron is IMPRESSIVE!

Moderator note: removed spammer JArnett’s account and recent post regarding household LED lighting.

I also think that Micron is better than the other LEDs presented on the market. I am not a professional in the area, but I like how it looks and the beam of light it produces.
The only thing I am not sure about is where to buy these lights. I was suggested to try vont.com, but I cannot find anything I need there. There is some cool interior LED strip lights, though. But it is not something that I was looking for there.
Could you please suggest other websites where I can find this product for sale? Especially the ones with cheaper options.

Last edited:
Back