• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Left hand rear brake

Good work! It looks great.
Thanks for that, the problem I had was getting the parking brake positioned correctly. The cable was catching the plastics or even the dash on full lock. It took some bending and tweaking and swearing.

That's good you managed to find a spot for parking brake on this part of the handlebar. I tried the same and was dissatisfied. So I used a 4" handlebar extension. This gave me extra space for extra gadgets.

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

Good job.

My nephew and I were just discussing this mod today, as he is looking for a 750 DCT and wants the rear brake lever on the left handlebar.

Good job.

My nephew and I were just discussing this mod today, as he is looking for a 750 DCT and wants the rear brake lever on the left handlebar.
Then read this full thread it’s a big mod not for the feint hearted.

Yes, I connected to the ABS module. It's the simplest. But you have to be careful with the thread fit because the housing of the module is made of aluminum alloy. I used the original short brake line from the NC700.
Right now I can't give you any more info because I'm on "vacation" on your side of the pond.
Do you have some pictures of how you ran the brake hose into the ABS control block?

Some of us who have owned and ridden maxi scooters find using both hands for braking very convenient, and you don't have to dance with your right foot. it can just sit there and do nothing like the left foot.

You certainly don't have to change yours, it's a preference thing.

I just have one question, Why?
I like my DCT as it is. I can find something for my left hand to do if necessary
For me, the main reason for this modification was to improve my safety. And I'm sure that in my case I achieved it.
Regardless of what "experienced" riders say about the NC700, for me it was a heavy bike (over 600 pounds with accessories and modifications) and certainly had an excessively high seating position and high center of gravity feel, especially with a passenger and top box. One thing is to lower the height. The left-hand brake allowed me to have more reliable control, usually when stopping at traffic lights or maneuvering using the rear brake at very slow speeds.
But all this is already well known in scooters.
If you often travel long distances, it may be less important. But when riding frequently in city traffic... it is rather unnecessary to explain the benefits of manually operated brakes.
But this doesn't concern me anymore, so I'm less interested in whether someone makes such a modification, especially since in some places it may be considered an illegal modification.

I just have one question, Why?
I like my DCT as it is. I can find something for my left hand to do if necessary
Same here. I have a scooter with a scooter's standard left hand rear brake, had a string of scooters for 20 years alongside various motorcycles and bicycles, and never felt like I needed them all to brake the same way. But that's just me.

Same here. I have a scooter with a scooter's standard left hand rear brake, had a string of scooters for 20 years alongside various motorcycles and bicycles, and never felt like I needed them all to brake the same way. But that's just me.
One doesn't HAVE to have them all brake the same, but what if one just prefers the left hand brake? ...or only has ONE motorcycle and prefers that it brakes that way?

My wife is a scooter rider and won't ride my NC 750 because of the foot operated brake pedal. She prefers to brake with both hands. If it can be done inexpensively and effectively/efficiently I would consider having mine changed to that system, doesn't mean I would want it on my manual shift CB 1100, and I don't mind that my CB has a clutch lever and a foot brake and my NC 750 doesn't.

One doesn't HAVE to have them all brake the same, but what if one just prefers the left hand brake? ...or only has ONE motorcycle and prefers that it brakes that way?

My wife is a scooter rider and won't ride my NC 750 because of the foot operated brake pedal. She prefers to brake with both hands. If it can be done inexpensively and effectively/efficiently I would consider having mine changed to that system, doesn't mean I would want it on my manual shift CB 1100, and I don't mind that my CB has a clutch lever and a foot brake and my NC 750 doesn't.
"But that's just me."

Might bear repeating so I did.

If most of your scooter riding is like this scenery riding, you can probably get by without using the rear brake.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 142956.jpg

But in the situations most scooter owners find themselves in these days, using the throttle and the left-hand brake at the same time to maneuver in crazy traffic is simply a necessary skill.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 142834.jpg

Back