• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Leo Vince EVO II Carbon Fiber Exhaust installed!!

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Came home to find a couple of boxes waiting for me. One was my new levers and the other was my new exhaust can!!! ;)

DSC00365.jpg

Installation was easy as could be. Two bolts two remove the stocker and two bolts and a spring to install the new one! Not much else to say about installation. It really was simple.

Hard to tell here, but there is a size difference, mostly in circumference.
DSC00369.jpg

Installed!! I think the carbon fiber really compliments the black parts of the bike and ties in with the seat texture as well as the textured "tank" panels.
DSC00377.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

Silencer is still in, I'll take it out sometime this weekend when I have time to ride and compare with/without. With the silencer in the idle note is more pronounced but at speed there isn't much of a difference as far as how loud it is when compared to stock.
DSC00376.jpg

I agree on both counts, especially since I couldn't wait and pulled the Db killer out. Now it's got a nice rumble at idle and sounds more like a bike than a sewing machine at speed!!! I'll make and post a video this weekend.

FYI, the Db killer is REALLY snug in the can. I had to make a removal tool out of a coat hanger to yank it out (after removing the set screw first, of course). Apparently, it's common on Leo Vince cans as when I googled "Leo Vince Silencer Removal" the first page of results is a bunch of questions on how to do it.

And now a video:
[video=youtube;DWrqTYG6rxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWrqTYG6rxE[/video]

As you can see, this was without the silencer. It's really hard to capture the true sound of the exhaust as heard in person, but this may help a bit. The sound with the silencer is nearly identical to the sound of the stocker, so I did not bother to video it.

Sounds good! A riding clip would be nice if you can trust someone to hold your camera :p

and without sparking some huge debate, can you fill us in on how much your fuel mileage DROPS now. I know the claims, but I've put aftermarket exhaust on everything I've ever owned, and the mileage drops. whether its the loss of back pressure, or the gain in weight of my throttle foot/hand (wanting to hear that sweet tune), it drops! lol

Actually, it's tripod mounted for that clip, I can probably do a drive by using that same method.

I haven't gone through a full tank to see what, if any, difference there might be. I can only judging this on how many miles until the first bar disappeared. Going by that I did not notice a change.

I think we have to keep in mind that this is a fairly unusual motorcycle engine since it is essentially half a car engine. I've seen this discussed before on forums for other bikes I've had (so far all but my Victory have had aftermarket pipes installed) and I have never experienced any appreciable loss of MPG's. I know you may have been joking about being heavier on the throttle, but you may be on to something there and I suspect a mild drop in mileage can be made more drastic by how one's riding habits change with the exhaust.

On my first tank I filled up when I hit about 177 on the trip meter. I calculated about 62mpg on my first tank (2.84 gallons to fill up). I'll fo the same thing and see what I come up with and post the results.

Excellent, thanks. I'm hoping it doesn't change. My best tank so far is 73.5 mpg... and my worst is 57. I cringe if its below 60, and I have no idea why. Because its still new maybe?

Hello Friend. If You wanna sell your stock exhaust (Honda) I wanna buy it :) Im waiting for your decision :)

An update on MPG for those that wanted it: Tank #2 (1st full tank with exhaust) calculated out to 63.3 mpg. I hit reserve right at 175 and was able to put in about 2.75 gallons. I would give it a +/- of maybe 2 mpg since it's hard to fill the tank to exactly the same level each time.

So, I would say that for the time being, exhaust has not appreciable effect on MPG good or bad. Of course, this may be different with other brands.

Man, ride that thing would ya! :p

Just teasin. Good to know. I'm up to 2500 miles. Have saved over $600 from commuting in my Tundra in that time. Bike is easily paying for itself.

I'd still like to hear a ride by of your exhaust if possible. :)

I'd still like to hear a ride by of your exhaust if possible. :)

Look for it this weekend. I wanted to shoot it on my street, but I know the neighbors annoying dogs would be barking the entire time! So, it's empty high school parking lot time!!

I installed a carbon model as well. Just finished a 2650 mile loop from Saskatchewan through Alberta and British Columbia through the Rocky Mountains in Western Canada.
I had 3000 miles on the stock exhaust before changing. Flat prairie, twisty mountain passes, high wind, no wind. Same milage as with my stock muffler. Sounds good with baffle in, I have not pulled it out for a sound test.it seems to have a slight power increase across the power band, low-mid rpms seems to have more pull but may just be me because it sounds better.

Attachments

• Fall Bike Trip 006.jpg
    Fall Bike Trip 006.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 810
  • Fall Bike Trip 001.jpg
    Fall Bike Trip 001.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 784
  • NC700X  90% 002.jpg
    NC700X 90% 002.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 751
I like the look of it.
(some folks will think I'm joking with the next part... but I'm not)

I'd like to replace the stock exhuast IF I could find something that satisfied three requirements:

1) retains the sewing machine sound (as quiet or quieter)
2) looks better than the stock (the carbon fibre does)
3) allows the engine to breathe easier

The fourth requirement is that it shouldn't have the designer's name in big letters on it (sorry, Leo), but I didn't list that as a requirement because I could probably scrape that off.

I really like the look of this one, and it seems to come very close to what I'm looking for.
Thanks for posting your remarks and especially for the photos.

There were some posts on here not to long ago that for the life I me I can't find now no matter how I search, where someone recommended the LV Cat eliminator over an end can. I have one on order now which I should get by the end of the month. Apparently in gives you a reduction in back pressure better than an end can and significantly improves the sound with the stock exhaust. I ordered mine for a lot cheaper than their end can, and I like the looks of the stainless steel stock exhaust. No cheesy decals to remove. Once I get it I'll be sure to comment on the result.

Back