• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Light Bar Installed

light bar is not a crash protection.
you'll need a givi or a motec.

Hepco and Becker has crash bars as well... Though I don't know if any one has tested them in an actual incident.

They also wrap around the front like the honda light bar.

I've asked this question on a few other threads with no response...Are any of the aftermarket engine guard/crash bars compatible with the OEM light bar? Any info is greatly appreciated. Lightbar is getting installed friday...

I've asked this question on a few other threads with no response...Are any of the aftermarket engine guard/crash bars compatible with the OEM light bar? Any info is greatly appreciated. Lightbar is getting installed friday...

Tentatively: Motech yes, Givi no.*

* or not without significant mucking, at least. The Givi TN1111 horizontal mid-frame clamps mount in the same spot as the Honda light bar clamps. The Motech is just barely out of the way, from what I could tell from pictures of HBP's old 700.

Last edited:
sure some of you guys could fabricate a light bar to fit the givi.
all you would need is a length of steel tubing and 2 exhaust clamps.
simples.
or even bolt it to the frame if you don't or want a crash bar.

although its a good idea but I wouldn't trust the aluminium plate for a light bar that was posted in another post..
you would need to put rubber 'O' rings in where it is bolted other wise after a while fatigue would set in through vibrations and it would eventually snap off.

Last edited:
Back