• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Light bar vs crash bars

ricksride

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can a light bar protect the bike the same way the crash bars do? I can't tell from the suppliers pictures how well the light bar would do vs the crash bars.

The light bar may provide some slight protection but that is not its purpose. Crash bars will provide better protection for the bike, and, at the same time, provide a place to mount auxiliary lights. If your purpose is protection go with the crash bars.

You'll generally find that;

1. Light bars are made of a lighter gauge stock metal, and

2. The mounting system for the light bar vs crash bars is completely different as to style and, more importantly, location.

Well if you have to choose between the two IMO crash bars would be better because they can always serve as light bars but light bars as has been mentioned would not be a good substitute for crash bars. Mounted the lights on my wife's NCX on the Givi crash bars.

Got the givi crashbars, nice design and engine protection and with some imagination good support for extra bags, in this case an improvised tank bag. [emoji12]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423039551007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423039551007.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 3,541
Can anyone confirm if the Honda light bar fit with the SW Motech crash bars together on the bike?
I think I've seen it long ago on the forum, but not 110% sure...
Thanks !

Ok...I found the answer just after posting my question...for those who may be interested:
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/7436-honda-light-bar-install-2.html?highlight=light+motech+crash
20732d1412695266-honda-light-bar-install-img_20130913_153351_688-jpg

Last edited:
I bought three thing when I bought my bike upper and lower wind deflectors and light bar. All were a waste of $$$ in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm if the Honda light bar fit with the SW Motech crash bars together on the bike?
I think I've seen it long ago on the forum, but not 110% sure...
Thanks !

Ok...I found the answer just after posting my question...for those who may be interested:
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...r-install-2.html?highlight=light+motech+crash
20732d1412695266-honda-light-bar-install-img_20130913_153351_688-jpg
HI,

Not being able to open the URL, perhaps too old... do you remember the answer to your initial question?

"Can anyone confirm if the Honda light bar fit with the SW Motech crash bars together on the bike?"

Thanks,

HI,

Not being able to open the URL, perhaps too old... do you remember the answer to your initial question?

"Can anyone confirm if the Honda light bar fit with the SW Motech crash bars together on the bike?"

Thanks,
Ignore the question, I found answer on

Thx,

Back